Select Page

connectwithuwostudents

Did you know that we have a full team of students in the admissions office who are here just to help YOU discover UWO? These students work as student ambassadors and are a great resource for answering your questions and giving you an insider’s look at what life is like as a Titan. These students are majoring in a variety of areas, so if you have a question related to a certain program, there is probably a student who has experience with it!

So take a look and meet some new friends who can help you discover more about UWO. Click on their names below to see their UWO Facebook pages, give them a like and send a message if you have questions!

ABBY

Major: Public Relations
Minor: Communications
Hometown: Sheboygan Falls, WI

Bio: Hi friends, it’s Abby! I’m a junior here at UWO studying PR and communications! UWO is like a second home to me, and I am forever thankful for all of the opportunities it has given me. I am currently the Vice President of Public Relations of The Dr. Julie Henderson Chapter of  the Public Relations Student Society of American (PRSSA). I have been a member since my freshman year and it has brought me many  leadership and career opportunities as well as a group of inspiring young professionals. I have also had two on-campus social media internships and job as a Quest 1 peer mentor. UWO has given me all of these opportunities, and they can give them to you too, you just have to seize them! If you have any questions about what it’s like to be a Titan, feel free to reach out to me on my Facebook page

EMILY

Major: Human Resources Leadership
Minor: Spanish
Hometown: Oshkosh, WI

Bio: Hello! My name is Emily and I’m a sophomore this year studying Human Resources and Spanish! As far as involvement, I am a member of the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), which allows me to connect with other students who share my major. I love that there are SO many opportunities to get involved at UW Oshkosh! Due to the amazing Business program we have at UW Oshkosh, I was able to get my first internship opportunity this summer after my sophomore year already! My absolute favorite food to eat on campus are the paninis and soup in Titan Underground (TUG), and then of course ice cream for dessert! There are endless events happening on campus and opportunities available for students to customize their college experience!

JOSE

Major: Anthropology, Japanese Studies
Minor: None
Hometown: Milwaukee, WI (Born in Ponce, Puerto Rico)

Bio:みなさん、こんにちは! My name is Jose Medina and I am a junior living in Donner Hall this year. I am very involved on campus. Here’s a small list: Reeve Union Board, Taiko Drumming, and Anthropology Club. In Reeve Union Board, I am the current Concerts and Comedy Chair, which means I have the pleasure of working with artists and comedians from all over the country as they perform at UWO. I do have another job on campus working at Titan Central, too. My favorite animal are penguins, although I love my dog so much! I hope to study abroad in Japan soon and become an English-Japanese teacher in Japan If you have any questions, please let me know! I am definitely an extrovert so don’t hesitate at all!

JUSTIN

Major: Interactive Web Management
Minor: Spanish
Hometown: Milwaukee, IL

Bio: Hey! My name is Justin and I study Interactive Web Management with a minor in Spanish. My passion has always been to work in an environment that allows me to explore my creative side, while also making a difference in the world. I’ve grown so much as a person ever since I set foot on campus as a freshman. Being involved in campus clubs and organizations, exploring the city of Oshkosh, and taking advantage of everything that comes my way has been the best thing I could have done for myself. I can’t wait for the day that I can call myself an alumni.

MACY

Major: Communications
MinorNone
Hometown: Sussex, WI

Bio: Hi friends, I’m Macy! I’m a sophomore here at UWO from Sussex and am majoring in Communications! Anything that has to do with sports or talking to people gets me fired up, which is why I hope to pursue a career in sports broadcasting one day.  My three favorite things in the entire world are cats, fitness, and warm weather.  When it comes to music, I like to keep it old school, with Queen being my favorite band! UW-Oshkosh feels like home to me because of the warm and welcoming people I have met here. I don’t know where I would be without the fellow Titans I have met here.  In my free time, I like to go workout at the Rec and participate in intramural sports (did I mention that I’m an intramural volleyball champion?), or attend campus events like talent shows and concerts.  Being a Titan is something that I take a lot of pride in, and I know that you will, too!  If you have any questions at all, feel free to contact me. I’m happy to help!

Version 2MAX

Major: International Studies and German
Minor: European Studies and French
Hometown: Franklin, WI

Bio: You are now officially on the best part of this blog, my bio! I am a sophomore here at UWO, and after reading my majors and minors you probably think I’m insane. I probably am, but I love learning about other countries, cultures, and languages. Ever since I started learning German at the age of four, I was hooked! Now that I am in college I thought I would pick up another language. This year I joined the Model United Nations Team here at UWO, which is actually one of the best teams in the world! Furthermore, I will be studying abroad in Ireland and Germany this summer. If you have questions about foreign language, studying abroad or the international studies program here at UWO or just want to talk about international issues, learning languages or traveling, ask for Max!

MEGAN

Major: Communications
Minor: Public Relations
Hometown: Oak Park, IL

Bio: Hi everyone! I’m Megan and I’m a sophomore here at UWO studying Communications and Public Relations. One of my favorite things about campus is that there is always something to do. Whether it is going to one of our awesome club meetings, eating food at one of the many locations on campus (Sage Cafe’s bagels are easily my favorite), seeing comedy shows, going to the Rec, or even swimming in Albee, you will never be bored here! I have met so many great people here that have really shaped my experience at Oshkosh. My professors are wonderful, I have found many mentors here, and have made great friendships that will impact me for the rest of my life. I have learned so much from being a Titan, both inside and outside of the classrooms, and will proudly carry my experiences with me far beyond graduation. If you have any questions about what it is like to be a Titan, feel free to contact me through my Facebook page, “Megan at UWO.”

Hopefully this is a useful resource to help you find a student who will be best suited to answer your questions about UW Oshkosh!