- Tests will take place in March, April, May and June.
- Your results will be used to place you in appropriate level college courses.
- Take your placement tests at any testing location offered throughout Wisconsin or at limited sites offered in Illinois and Minnesota. The scores will be available to all UW System schools.
- You are required to take the English and math placement tests. Foreign language placement testing is optional. Please review the section below that discusses foreign language placement testing for further information.
- You may be exempt from a placement test if you have completed a transferable college English composition course and/or math course. Review transferable credits at www.wisconsin.edu/transfer/wizards/ using the Course Wizard. You may also be exempt if you have completed an AP, CAPP or IB course prior to your senior year in English and/or math. Please review the section below titled, “Earning College Credit in High School” to determine if you need to take one or both tests.
Foreign Language Placement Testing
Foreign Language Placement Testing is optional.
To take the foreign language placement test in French, German or Spanish, you must have two or more years experience in the language in which you wish to test. There is a possibility to earn retroactive credits by taking the UW Oshkosh foreign language course you test into and earning a grade of “B” or better in that course. Retroactive credit for foreign language is a topic that will be explained further to you on your registration day.
Questions or concerns?
If you have questions or concerns that you did not find answers to on the website, please email email@example.com or contact one of the following admissions staff members:
- Nicole Jackson, (920) 424-3079, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stacy Dreweck, (920) 424-3970, email@example.com
- Jennifer Werner, (920) 424-0309, firstname.lastname@example.org
UW Oshkosh Admissions
800 Algoma Boulevard
135 Dempsey Hall
Oshkosh, WI 54901
Hours of Operation:
M-F 7:45 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.