800 Algoma Blvd
Oshkosh, WI 54901
As a new freshman at UW Oshkosh, you are required to take placement tests prior to class registration on your Titan Takeoff day. The results of these exams will be used to place you in the appropriate level English and math courses. Foreign language exams are optional but would be required if you plan to continue your studies in Spanish, French or German.
- Complete your tests as soon as possible to ensure that test results are available on your Titan Takeoff day. Tests will need to be completed at least two week prior to your Titan Takeoff day to ensure results will be available.
- You are required to take the English and math placement tests. Foreign language is optional.
- Students can complete their exams one of two ways:
- Remotely through the UW System Online placement testing option
- In person paper and pencil exams are available on the UW Oshkosh campus
- You may be exempt from a placement test if you have completed a transferable college English composition course and/or math course (ie. CAPP, ECCP). You may also be exempt if you have already completed an AP or IB course prior to your senior year in these subject areas and received a qualifying score on the exam. Please review the section below to determine if you are exempt.
UW System Online Placement Testing Information
UW System Online Placement Tests:
- Register in advance at https://exams.wisc.edu/placement/regionaltesting/information.php
- After completing the registration form, an email will be sent from email@example.com which contains a registration code for you to complete the registration process. Once you have entered that passcode, you will receive a second email from firstname.lastname@example.org, which contains the link and password needed to begin your exams.
- Complete the math and English portion (see information below to find out if you are exempt). Foreign language is optional.
- You can use a non-graphing calculator for the math section.
- You have the ability to leave the placement tests and return to them later. A test will automatically submit 28 days after you begin the test. To ensure results will be available in time for class registration, you must submit your tests at least two weeks prior to your Titan Takeoff day.
Paper and Pencil Testing at UW Oshkosh Information
Paper and Pencil Testing at UW Oshkosh
- Complete placement tests at the Oshkosh campus.
- Opens March 15th. No appointment necessary but must be completed during regular office hours.
- Tests can be completed up to one day prior to your Titan Takeoff day. Tests can not be taken on your Titan Takeoff day.
- No registration fee.
- You must bring your own non-graphing calculator and No. 2 pencils.
- Further details about testing at the Oshkosh campus can be found here.
Can I be exempt from taking placement tests?
If you have successfully completed a transferable level course (eg. CAPP, ECCP) in English composition, math or foreign language, or if you have completed an AP or IB course prior to your senior year and received a qualifying score on the exam, you may be exempt. Please review the following information to determine if you are exempt:
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I register for placement testing?
Go to https://exams.wisc.edu/placement/regionaltesting/information.php to begin the registration process. To log in, you will need your UW Oshkosh Net ID and password. This information was emailed to you after confirming your spot. Please contact email@example.com if you have not received this information. If you have your Net ID and password but experience issues logging in, please contact the Help Desk at (920) 424-3020.
After filing out the registration form, you will be emailed instructions on how to access all of the placement tests. You are required to complete the English and math portions. If you wish to continue studying a foreign language, you can also complete the option foreign language exam in Spanish, French or German.
If you plan to take the paper and pencil exams at the Oshkosh campus, no registration will be necessary.
When will I receive my placement test results?
Student will receive their results and placement level during their one-on-one meeting with an academic advisor on their Titan Takeoff day.
How can I request accommodations?
For UW System Online Placement exams, please send accommodation requests to Tim O’Connor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For paper and pencil exams on the UW Oshkosh campus, please send accommodation requests to the UW Oshkosh Testing Services Office at email@example.com.
Who do I contact if I don’t know my NetID or password?
To log in, you will need your UW Oshkosh Net ID and password. This information was emailed to you after confirming your spot. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have not received this information. If you have your Net ID and password but experience issues logging in, please contact the UWO Help Desk at (920) 424-3020.
Who do I contact if I am experiencing issues while registering for my placement exams?
To troubleshoot issues that may arise while registering for your exams, please contact the UW Madison Testing and Evaluation Services at email@example.com or (608) 262-5863.
Who do I contact if I am experiencing issue while completing my placement exams?
To troubleshoot issues that may arise while completing your exams online, please contact Scantron at (919) 572-6880.