ATTN FALL 2020 STUDENTS: We have made the decision to not require the UW System Placement tests for our new students. We will use other methods to place you in appropriate math, English, and language courses. If you have already taken the tests, those results will be available to your advisor.
- Tests will take place in April, May and June.
- To ensure your results are available in time for class registration, tests should be completed at least 2 weeks prior to your Titan Takeoff day which takes place on select dates in May, June and July. We realize that with recent cancellation of testing dates, this may impact your ability to test at least 2 weeks prior. Our advising staff is currently working on solutions to the ramifications this may cause.
- Take your placement tests at any testing location offered throughout Wisconsin or at limited sites offered in Illinois and Minnesota. The scores will be available to all UW System schools.
- You are required to take the English and math placement tests. Foreign language placement testing is optional. Please review the section below that discusses foreign language placement testing for further information.
- You may be exempt from a placement test if you have completed a transferable college English composition course and/or math course. Review transferable credits at www.wisconsin.edu/transfer/wizards/ using the Course Wizard. You may also be exempt if you have already completed an AP, CAPP or IB course prior to your senior year in these subjects and received a qualifying score on the exam. Please review the section below titled, “Earning College Credit in High School” to determine if you are exempt.
- If you need testing accommodations, please do not use the online registration system to sign up. Instead, follow the instruction below under “Testing Accommodations“.
Registration is open at testing.wisc.edu. After completing the registration process, you will receive immediate email confirmation of your selected date and location which will include parking information and directions.
Two test options are available: paper & pencil or computer-based
- Test at any location listed. It is best to register early as some locations reach capacity quickly.
- Must register in advance at testing.wisc.edu
- Must bring a non-graphing calculator and No. 2 pencils
- Must be taken at least two weeks prior to your Titan Takeoff day
- No registration fee
- Test sites are available in more that 1,100 locations in the US and around the world
- Must register in advance at testing.wisc.edu
- Must be taken at least 48 hours before your Titan Takeoff day
- Registration fees vary by the number of exam you take and location
Foreign Language Placement Testing
Foreign Language Placement Testing is optional.
To take the foreign language placement test in French, German or Spanish, you must have two or more years experience in the language in which you wish to test. There is a possibility to earn retroactive credits by taking the UW Oshkosh foreign language course you test into and earning a grade of “B” or better in that course. Retroactive credit for foreign language is a topic that will be explained further to you on your registration day.
If you need testing accommodations for placement testing, do no use the online registration system to sign up for testing.
Instead, have a teacher, counselor or principal, who has the professional expertise to describe the testing accommodations you will need, submit a letter on your high school letterhead (please do not send an IEP) to Tim O’Connor , firstname.lastname@example.org (email information still requires a letter on high school letterhead).
The letter MUST include:
- A description of the test accommodations that are appropriate for you.
- The student’s phone number, email address and date of birth (Please note: This email address will be used to send accommodation information and scheduling instructions).
- The location you wish to complete the exams. If you want to test at the Minneapolis site or the College of DuPage site, please include your preferred test dates (unless you are choosing to schedule a computer-based test, then just mention you want to test using CBT).
- The campus you plan to attend in the fall.
After submitting this information, you will receive a response from Tim O’Connor with specific instructions on how to schedule your exam.
Questions or concerns?
If you have questions or concerns that you did not find answers to on the website, please email email@example.com or contact one of the following admissions staff members:
- Nicole Jackson, (920) 424-3079, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jennifer Werner, (920) 424-0309, email@example.com
UW Oshkosh Admissions
800 Algoma Boulevard
135 Dempsey Hall
Oshkosh, WI 54901
Hours of Operation:
M-F 7:45 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.