UW Oshkosh Early College Credit Program
The Early College Credit Program (ECCP), which was created by the State of Wisconsin Legislature. This program allows public and private school students in grades 9 through 12 to enroll in courses at institutions of higher education with fees and tuition for pre-approved courses shared by local school districts or private school, the state and in some cases the students. ECCP students attend college classes on campus, rather than on-site at their high schools.
To participate in the program on any UW Oshkosh campus, a student must apply to both the local school board or private school and apply to UW Oshkosh.
For more information on the state policy and regulations, visit the Early College Credit Program website.
- High school student grades 9-12.
- Have at least a 2.5 cumulative GPA (unweighted GPA based on a 4.0 scale) as indicated on the high school transcript.
- Successfully completed Algebra I at their respective high school.
- Display the maturity and responsibility necessary to carry themselves inside a college classroom.
Searching for Courses
Student can search our class schedule to view what courses are available. To search our class schedule:
- Go to the UW Oshkosh Titan Web.
- Click on the right box that says “Titan Web Schedule of Classes”.
- Click on “Class Search”.
- Using the drop down boxes select term in which you wish to take classes.
- Narrow the search by choosing a subject and campus
- Click “Search”.
Applying to the Early College Credit Program
- Talk with your high school counselor about your eligibility in February for fall term classes, or September for spring term classes.
- Complete the UW System ECCP Participation Form.
- This form needs to be submitted to the local school board no later than March 1 for fall term classes or October 1 for spring term classes.
- Submit the following to UW Oshkosh:
- UW Oshkosh Early College Credit Program Application
- A copy of the approved UW System ECCP Participation Form (above)
- Your high school transcript
The UW Oshkosh Admissions Office will provide the University Student Account Office with a list of students and their school district for those students admitted to the Early College Credit Program. Each school district will be invoiced directly by the Student Account Office. No payment should be submitted until the invoice is received. UW Oshkosh Admissions Office will report all course enrollments to the school board.
NOTE: If you enroll for a course not approved by the school board you will be responsible for fees, tuition and books as well as any penalties for late payment.
Only the school district can approve a course for payment under ECCP. It is your responsibility to obtain all clearances for the enrollment from the high school. The Admissions Office will send grade transcripts to local school boards within 10 to 15 days of the end of each term.
Early College Credit Courses and the Student’s Academic Record
It is up to the school counselors and students to make sure they are enrolled in courses approved by the school and sections that fit with their high school schedule. Our enrollment system will let students know if they are missing prerequisites, which will often be the required placement tests in English, math and foreign language.
NOTE: If you enroll in a course not approved by the school board, you will be responsible for fees, tuition and books, as well as any penalties for late payment.
Courses taken as a University ECCP Student become part of the permanent University record and may affect subsequent admission to post-secondary institutions. Please be aware that a poor grade earned in a Early College Credit Program course could have a negative impact on a future admission decision for a student.
After You’ve Been Admitted…
Meeting collegiate prerequisites to enroll in Math, English or Foreign Language course: Titan Web will not allow you to enroll in a college Math, English or foreign language course unless you already have completed at least one college course in the area in question. If you wish to enroll in a Math, English or Foreign Language course, please arrange to take the appropriate UW System Placement Test at the UW Oshkosh campus by contacting Testing Services at (920) 424-1432.
Please visit this website for additional information on parking, email, student ID cards, and Canvas.
Specific questions regarding this program may be directed to the UW Oshkosh Admissions Office at (920) 424-3164 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
UW Oshkosh Admissions
800 Algoma Boulevard
135 Dempsey Hall
Oshkosh, WI 54901
Hours of Operation:
M-F 7:45 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.