Dempsey Hall 135
800 Algoma Blvd
Oshkosh, WI 54901
APPLY TO BECOME A SUMMER AMBASSADOR
Looking for an awesome summer job? Search no longer!
UW Oshkosh Admissions is hiring 10-12 outstanding students for the best summer job this side of graduation… being a UWO Summer Ambassador! What do these students do, you ask? As a summer ambassador, you’ll lead campus tours for prospective students and be the face of UWO to the hundreds of families and guests who visit during June, July and August. In addition to tours, you’ll also have the opportunity to be trained in another area of office operations and gain other valuable skills.
Top students in this position are good communicators, enthusiastic, love getting their steps in each day and enjoy working with people. They enjoy being a UW Oshkosh student and are involved on campus. This position looks excellent on a resume, because you’ll become proficient in customer service, communication, and guest care.
Summer Ambassadors earn $10 an hour (at up to 40 hours per week!). Plus, you’ll receive $60 in Titan gear to wear on your tours, and free summer scoop ice cream on Tuesdays. Yeah, that’s right, free ice cream. You can’t beat that.
- Lead summer tours for prospective students and their families.
- Be actively involved in admissions online recruitment efforts, including participation on social media.
- Send follow-up emails and postcards to campus visitors.
- Assist with campus tours for special group visits, Titan Preview, etc.
- Assist with reception duties and customer service work.
- Take care of project work and data entry as assigned.
Job Term: June 2019 – August 2019 with training dates in April/May 2019.
Hours: 10-40 hours per week, per availability
Wage: $10 per hour
Bonuses: $60 value in Titan apparel and free Summer Scoops ice cream on Tuesdays (again, FREE ICE CREAM).
Funding: Work Study; a limited number of positions are available for students without work study
- Be enrolled as a full-time UW Oshkosh student for Fall 2019
- Enjoy public speaking and be comfortable working with diverse groups of students and guests
- Demonstrate exemplary leadership potential
- Be comfortable using social media to communicate with prospective students
- Be involved in on-campus extracurricular activities
- Be able to give multiple tours per week in varying weather
- Possess exceptional customer service abilities
- Be free of disciplinary sanctions and/or convictions
- Love UW Oshkosh!
You may apply to work as few as 10 hours per week, or up to 40 hours per week. Please indicate your preference. However, regardless of how many hours you are able to work, you must be available for at least 2-4 tour per week. Tours are from 10-11:30 a.m., and 2-3:30 p.m. daily. You must also be able to assist with Titan Preview Day on July 15 and 16, 2019.
Application Deadline: March 15, 2019
Download the position application here, or pick it up in Dempsey 135. When you’ve completed the application, return it to Dempsey 135. If you qualify for work study (preference goes to students with work study), please verify that you are eligible to receive work study or subsidized loans for fall 2019.
Applications are due March 15, 2019.
If you have questions, contact the Admissions Office Front Desk at (920) 424-3164 or by email at email@example.com.