800 Algoma Blvd
Oshkosh, WI 54901
The Titan Gold Corps (TGC) are a group of seven students who give the daily campus tours for the University. These students also work in the Admissions Office, assisting students through the application process and represent the university as campus ambassadors.
There are seven positions available for the 2021-2022 academic year.
The TGC is a very important and highly sought-after position. It is an incredible professional opportunity. Compensation is equal to the cost of a standard double room and classic meal plan. That’s about $7,500 per year… or roughly $17 per hour of work. In addition to the compensation, TGC receive $300 Titan Dollars for books and Titan apparel!
Position Application Deadline: Friday, Feb. 26, 2021, the position will be available on Handshake until 11:55 p.m.
Job Term: September 2021 – June 2022 with training dates in Spring 2021
Hours: 12-15 hours per week, plus approximately 5 Saturday mornings per semester (9 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. on Saturday) and select evenings of calling prospective students (3-4 per semester)
Wage: Cost of standard double room and classic meal plan per semester—this is approximately $7,500 per year. Plus $300 Titan Dollars for books and Titan apparel.
Renewability? Students may reapply each year, based upon successful performance evaluation and full-time student status.
- Be a full-time UW Oshkosh student
- Be living in the University residence halls during your first year in the Titan Gold Corps position
- Enjoy public speaking
- Be comfortable working with diverse groups of students and guests
- Maintain a cumulative collegiate GPA of 2.75 or higher
- Demonstrate exemplary leadership potential
- Be comfortable using social media to communicate with prospective students
- Be involved in on-campus extracurricular activities
- Be free of disciplinary sanctions and/or convictions
- LOVE UW Oshkosh!
For a full position description, please click here.
Ready To Apply?
Position title in Handshake is Titan Gold Corps – Campus Tour Ambassador
Questions about TGC?
Questions about the position can be sent to Nicole Jackson, at email@example.com or (920) 424-3079.
If you’d like to talk to current Titan Gold Corps students, you can find their Facebook pages here.