Dempsey Hall 135
800 Algoma Blvd
Oshkosh, WI 54901
The Titan Gold Core Ambassadors (TGC) are a group of seven students who give the daily campus tours for the University. These students also work in the Admissions Office, assisting students through the application process and represent the university as campus ambassadors.
There are seven positions available for the 2023-2024 academic year.
The TGC is a very important and highly sought-after position. It is an incredible professional opportunity. Compensation is equal to the cost of a standard double room and classic meal plan. That’s about $8,120 per year… or roughly $18-20 per hour of work. In addition to the compensation, TGC receive $300 Titan Dollars for books and Titan apparel!
Position Application Deadline: Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. The posting will remain open until all positions have been filled.
Job Term: September 2023 – June 2024 with training dates in Spring 2023
Hours: Approximately 12 hours per week, plus up to 5 Saturday mornings per semester (9 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. on Saturday). Weekly hours will be arranged around class schedules.
Wage: Cost of standard double room and classic meal plan per semester—this is approximately $8,120 per year. Plus $300 Titan Dollars for books and Titan apparel.
Renewability? Students may reapply each year, based upon successful performance evaluation and full-time student status.
- Be a full-time UW Oshkosh, Oshkosh campus student
- Support the university’s commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion
- Have at least one year of experience living in a university residence hall or willing to live in a residence hall during the first year in the position
- Enjoy public speaking
- Be comfortable working with diverse groups of students and guests
- Maintain a cumulative collegiate GPA of 2.75 or higher
- Demonstrate exemplary leadership potential
- Be comfortable using social media to communicate with prospective students
- Be involved in on-campus extracurricular activities
- Be free of disciplinary sanctions and/or convictions
- LOVE UW Oshkosh!
For a full position description, please click here.
Apply through Handshake by searching the job title:
Titan Gold Core Ambassador and Tour Guide
We are reviewing applications on a rolling basis starting Monday, February 27 and the application will remain open until all positions are filled.
Questions about TGC?
Questions about the position can be sent to Nicole Jackson, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (920) 424-3079.
If you’d like to talk to current Titan Gold Core Ambassador, contact the Admissions Office at email@example.com or (920) 424-3164.