UW Oshkosh Advancement Division
Phone: (920) 424-2178
Apply for Scholarships
UW Oshkosh offers over 700 scholarships totaling more than $930,000. These scholarships are funded through contributions from alumni, faculty and staff, friends, parents, campus organizations, and corporations. They can be applied for through Academic Works, our online scholarship system.
Within the UW Oshkosh Academic Works Scholarship System, you:
- fill out one simple general scholarship application in a few minutes
- may be automatically considered for some scholarships available at UW Oshkosh
- may be eligible for additional scholarships by answering a few supplemental questions
- can search available scholarships to view qualifications and other award information
Who can apply?
Incoming freshmen, transfer, and graduate students who are admitted to the University and all currently enrolled UW Oshkosh students.
When can I apply?
Scholarship applications open early in the fall semester. Application deadlines for individual scholarship opportunities vary. Please refer to uwosh.academicworks.com for specific dates.
How do I apply?
Get started today by following these easy steps:
- Visit uwosh.academicworks.com.
- Click “Sign Up” and follow the instructions provided.
- Complete your general application and your conditional application, if applicable.
- View recommended scholarship opportunities to apply for additional awards.
How will I be notified if I am chosen as a recipient?
- You will receive an email notification if you are offered an award.
- You can also view award offers by logging into your Academic Works account.
- Students are typically notified 1-2 months after the application deadline.
Will scholarships impact my financial aid package?
Possibly – because a student’s total institutional and federal financial aid cannot exceed their financial need, a student’s financial aid package may be adjusted when scholarships are awarded. Generally, student loans are reduced first. You will receive a notification from the Financial Aid Office if changes are made to your financial aid package.
What other financial aid is available?
You may be eligible to receive federal and state grants or loans. To be considered, file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). You can begin filing the FAFSA on October 1 for the upcoming academic year.
How do I view available scholarship opportunities?
Anyone can visit uwosh.academicworks.com to view all available scholarships; an Academic Works account is not required. You can narrow the list of available scholarships by using the search and filter options.
UW Oshkosh scholarships are managed through the Office of Advancement. If you have questions about available scholarships, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.