Advising Appointments in the UARC
What does a Typical Academic Advising Appointment Look Like in the UARC?
Information on scheduling an appointment with a UARC advisor can be found on the Scheduling Advising Appointments page.
Students can choose to meet with an advisor in-person or virtually for ALL OF THE APPOINTMENT OPTIONS LISTED BELOW.
Virtual appointments are conducted using Zoom. If you have a need for a private space or a computer for a virtual meeting with a UARC advisor, the UARC has private offices that can be used for that purpose.
- Scheduled appointments are up to 30 minutes in length and can be held in-person or virtually
- View instructions for Virtual Appointments in Zoom
- Topics to discuss:
- Current and upcoming semester courses
- Academic and campus related resources
- Probation, Suspension, and SAP appeals
- Application to professional colleges
- Major exploration
- View instructions for self-scheduling an advising appointment in Navigate.
- If you need a private space or a computer to meet virtually with a UARC academic advisor, the UARC has offices that can be used for this purpose.
You can self-schedule an appointment with your assigned advisor by clicking on the large button below. When you login, click on the blue “Schedule an appointment” button. However, if you see a bright yellow banner at the top of the page it means your advisor has already invited you to meet with them – you should schedule from there. Otherwise, please call (920) 424-1268 or stop by our office (Student Success Center, 202) to set up a scheduled appointment.
You are encouraged to meet with an academic advisor in a scheduled appointment at least once each semester.
- Open Advising sessions are available in-person in the UARC or virtual using Zoom.
- To check in for Open Advising for an in-person session, please come to the UARC (SSC 202).
- For virtual sessions, please call the UARC front desk at (920) 424-1268.
- Open Advising is for current students and students beginning the current semester, only.
- Open Advising is first-come, first-served advising sessions during select days of a term.
- No appointment necessary! Come by at the advertised times.
- Advisors will cover ANY topic you have questions on. Sessions last as long as necessary.
Drop In Hours
- We offer 5-10 minute consults for your quick questions during the Fall and Spring semesters. Students can see an advisor in-person or virtually using Zoom.
- Students can call the UARC front desk at 920-424-1268 or stop by SSC 202 during the listed time to connect with an advisor.
- Topics to discuss:
- Adding/Dropping one course
- Filling out forms or obtaining signatures
- Grad check
- Errors or issues with your Advisement Report
- Advisors cannot conduct an entire appointment during Drop In Hours
- Some departments and programs hold mandatory group advising each semester to provide students with general information regarding the degree/major/program.
- If group advising applies to you, you will receive an email invitation to sign up.
- Stay tuned and check your emails!