Transfer Advising Process
- Access your TitanWeb account.
- Access your UWO Student email, operated through Google.
- Activate your UWO NetID.
- Request an academic advising appointment after you have been admitted and matriculated. You will receive an email from the Admissions Office with a link to an online Transfer Appointment Request Form. Complete the form to schedule an appointment with an academic advisor.
- We strongly suggest you request an academic advising appointment as soon as possible.
- Send AP and CLEP scores.
- Locate enrollment date and enroll in classes, if possible.
- If you are able to register for your courses prior to your scheduled advising appointment, we recommend that you sign up for courses and then finalize your course selections with your advisor during your appt.
- Sign up for placement testing if you have not completed a college level English or Math course.
- Review UWO’s housing policy and apply for housing.
- Apply for Financial Aid.
- Review Transfer Credit Evaluation and Advisement Report.
- Visit campus.
- Send final transcripts.
On the day of your appointment, please visit UW Oshkosh Parking Services to obtain a Visitor Parking Permit before arriving to Academic Advising. Bring email conformation.
This will allow you to park in any visitor lot for the entire day. Please display the parking permit in the driver’s side window and do not park in the metered space, handicapped space or other restricted areas.
How to Review Your Degree Audit (STAR)
- Check registration date on STAR–> If your registration date has passed, schedule for classes using your STAR before you have met with your advisor. Classes can be changed later if necessary.
- Review STAR to confirm all transfer credits have been posted including those earned by AP & CAPP courses, CLEP, IB, etc. If credit seems to be missing contact the Admissions Office: http://admissions.uwosh.edu
- If you have not taken an English Composition or Math course for college credit, and have never taken a UW System placement test, you will need to do so. www.uwosh.edu/testing/hours-locations-parking
- Transfer Resource Tour options are available Tuesdays and Fridays at noon. Be sure to include this in your appointment request.
- Check your records for accuracy by reviewing your degree audit (STAR). Watch the UARC Podcast. The podcast will show you how to read your STAR report and explain the requirements here at UW Oshkosh.
- Note any questions you have and bring them to your appointment with your advisor.