Transfer FAQs
Select Page

Transfer FAQs

Books    |    Parking    |    Placement Testing    |    Transcripts    |    Transfer Credits

Interim    |    Housing    |    Campus Logins    |    Third Party Access    |    Advising


How do I get my books?

Books can be purchased a variety of ways. Check out the bookstore website: Under the “Textbooks” tab on the sidebar, you can enter your courses and generate a book list for your schedule.


How do I get a parking permit?
There are many different types of parking options to fit your needs. Information can be found at

Placement Testing

If I have not taken the Math or English placement test, how can I take it now?
Math, English, French, Spanish & German placement test can be taken. Tests are $5.00 and you need to have a photo ID. Please see for hours of operation.


Do I need to send my final transcript?
Yes! Remember to send final transcripts from your current or previous institutions. You may need to prompt admissions to have these transcripts evaluated and posted.
How do I send my transcript from my college/university?
Transcripts can be sent electronically through your university Records/Registrar’s office.

Transfer Credits

Will courses count if I repeated them?
Yes, courses repeated at your prior institution may transfer as repeated courses. Some majors have a repeat policy. Please ask your academic advisor.
Why don't all my courses transfer?
Not all courses have equivalent courses at UW Oshkosh or are at University level. If you feel that a course should be re-examined, ask your academic advisor. We will gladly take a look and help you with the process.


What is interim?
Interim is a 3 week course that can be taken after the 14 week semester. Interim can be taken fall or spring term. Credits taken over interim count towards the total credits taken in a semester. Additional tuition is NOT charged for interim credits as long as the total semester credits falls within the 12-18 range.


When/How do I sign up for housing?
You will want to view the Department of Residence Life website: where you can learn about the housing contract, rates, roommates, etc. If you have any questions, please contact the Residence Life office.

Campus Logins

How do I sign into my email or Titan Web?
Admissions will contact you regarding your campus email once your tuition down payment has been paid or waived. Please follow their instructions to access your email. This is the default log-in information for your campus email:


  • Username: First 5 letters of your last name + first letter or your first name + last 2 numbers of your student ID
  • Password: Your 7-digit student ID number. You will be prompted to change it after logging in for the first time.

Titan Web can be easily accessed through the Titan Service bar in the upper right corner of the UWO website. This is the default log-in information for Titan Web:


  • Username: W (make sure it is capitalized) and your student ID number)
  • Password: The first 2 letter of your first name (capitalized) + the first 2 letters of your last name (capitalized) + the last 4 numbers of your student ID.

Third Party Access

How do I get permission for my parent/guardian to talk to Financial Aid, Advising, etc.?
You will need to log into Titan Web to grant access to a third party. Under the Personal Information section of Titan Web, there is a blue link that says “Grant Access to Others.” Click on this link and follow the steps to allow others to view your information.


How do I schedule an appointment with my advisor?
Follow the instructions from Admissions to access your UWO email account. Once you are logged in, look for an email about setting up your advising appointment. The email should contain a short online form for you to fill out, including your major of interest and availability. The form goes directly back to the Undergraduate Advising Resource Center (UARC) where it will be processed by the transfer team. Someone from the transfer team will contact you after your form has been processed to set up your appointment. (You will need to be logged in to your UWO email to access this form)
How do I cancel/reschedule my appointment?
If you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, please call the UARC at (920)424-1268.
How far in advance can I schedule my appointment?
We can schedule appointments as far as three weeks in advance.
What if I can't get to UWO for an appointment?
If you cannot come to UWO for your appointment, we can schedule you for a Google Hangout appointment instead. If you are interested in this option, please indicate it on the online advising form and/or when you call to reschedule.
Could I just stop in to talk to an advisor about classes if I'm already around campus?
No; for your initial transfer appointment, you must use the online form to schedule your advising appointment. We cannot guarantee the advisor for your program will be available to meet with you if we cannot reserve their time in advance.

Once you have had your initial appointment, you can simply stop by the front desk of the UARC or call at (920) 424-1268 to set up a meeting.

Can I just skip filling out the online form since I'm already on the phone with a PAL?
The online form allows us to ensure you are matched with the correct advisor and that your transfer credits are processed and posted. It can sometimes take time for credits to be posted, and without them, the advisor will not know what classes you need to take. To ensure the best advising experience, we ask that you please fill out the online form to request your initial transfer appointment.