Friday night the 10 of us head out for Chicago to board our flights for Honduras on Saturday morning. While some of us have been here before, and others of us have not, the excitement is overwhelming!

Everyone decided that to start the trip out we shared with each other what we’re most excited and most nervous about as the date gets closer to leaving.

Our trip advisor, Missy Burgess said: I’m most excited for seeing everyone learn and grow on this trip, and I’m most nervous about making sure that everyone has a positive experience.

Our trip leader Naomi Krawczyk said: I’m most excited for seeing a new country, and getting to know all of the wonderful people. I’m most nervous for making the planes on the way down.

Alaina Riedel said: I’m most excited to see all of the OYE students and everyone we met last year, and she is most nervous about getting bug bites!

Katelyn Fladten said: I’m most nervous about the safety, but I’m most excited about traveling and experiencing a new culture.

Josie Ribley said: I’m most excited to learn about their culture first hand, and I’m most nervous about the plane ride.

Jenna Krueger said: I’m most excited about leaving the country for the first time, and I’m most nervous about the airports.

Serena Larie said: I’m most excited to interact with the Hondurans, especially the children and to fully immerse herself in their culture.

Hannah Schmidtfranz said: I’m most excited for working with the children!

Lukki Smolarek said: I’m most excited to experience this all again, to see everyone from last year, and make so many new connections this year, and I’m most nervous for the plane rides!

Jessica Martinez said: I’m most excited to practice my Spanish in a culture that is similar to mine, especially when we get to interact with the community. What I am most nervous about would definitely be the bugs.

That’s just a little bit about us as we get ready to finish packing our bags and head out, check back for more updates as the trip goes on!