Alumni Success Stories
Read the most recent news and announcements for alumni.
Awards and Recognition
UW Oshkosh takes pride in the success of our graduates in their professional careers and through their civic involvement. Each year during homecoming, the Alumni Association recognizes these extraordinary individuals with:
- The Distinguished Alumni Award – the highest award that alumni can receive from the association. It is awarded to individuals who are active in their professional fields and are widely recognized for their career accomplishments.
- The Outstanding Young Alumni Award – awarded to alumni who have graduated within the last 15 years. Selection is based on professional and civic accomplishments and future promise.
- The Alumni Outstanding Service Award – awarded to alumni who have made exemplary contributions to UW Oshkosh on one of the three campuses; Oshkosh, Fond du Lac or Fox Cities, through their volunteer efforts, energy, leadership, support and/or philanthropic donations impacting the University.
For more information about recent award recipients, search UW Oshkosh Today alumni stories.
Nominate a Deserving Graduate
We want your help in identifying exceptional alumni. Submit your nomination form today to pay tribute to former classmates or notable friends who you commend for reaching and exceeding their career goals.
The priority nomination deadline is March 1 of each year to ensure timely completion of the full process. Nominations are open for the 2022 Alumni Awards! Because of our Covid-19 cancellation last year, the 2020 Alumni Award recipients will be honored at the 2021 Award Celebration held on Friday, Oct. 22.
Once the Online Nomination Form is received, the nominee will be contacted by the Alumni Office. If the nominee accepts, they will complete the process by submitting the following materials by March 15:
Distinguished Alumni and Outstanding Young Alumni Awards:
- Resume or Vitae
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Nominee Questionnaire
Alumni Outstanding Service Award:
- Narrative outlining the accomplishments based on the award criteria
- Two letters of support from individuals familiar with the nominee’s accomplishments