Faculty and Staff
The art department is committed to the mission of the University as well as the UW System to:
- Provide a curriculum grounded in the pursuit of a liberal arts education;
- Instill in our students an inclusive and broad understanding of how they may interact with the professional art world as practitioners, educators, supporters and leaders;
- Provide a curriculum that offers the non-art major the opportunity to achieve a rich appreciation and understanding of the vital role that art plays and has played in human culture;
- Offer a variety of art programs to the University and the surrounding community;
- Provide a quality education in art by recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff of excellent teachers, dedicated to the pursuit of their creative work, research and community outreach;
- Develop and maintain modern facilities and technologies that foster a keen learning environment.