Schedule of Events
High School Art Day, on April 24, will take place in Arts & Communication Building with registration occurring in the lobby by the Priebe Gallery.
8:30-9:30 a.m. | Welcome and Registration
High school art students and their teachers arrive at the UWO campus for registration. They are given a building map and directed to specific rooms in which to:
- Pinup or display their artwork for the competition
- View work from other high schools
- Visit the Galleries
- Students and teachers snack on doughnuts, coffee, and juice in the lobby area of A/C building.
9:30-11 a.m. | Workshop Session
- Students go to designated workshop rooms.
- Art Education Majors teach workshops, each addressing a different media
- Before students leave, they will fill out a short survey/feedback form about the workshop.
- After the workshop, students leave on-site artwork in the room and pick it up after the closing ceremony.
11-11:10 a.m. | Break
Travel to critique rooms. Students view artwork from other schools in the critique rooms if they did not have time earlier in the morning.
11-noon | Critique
- Students return to the critique rooms in which they deposited their off-site artwork for verbal and written feedback from UWO art faculty.
- Artwork selected for the HSAD exhibition will be announced at this time.
Noon-12:15 | Walk to Reeve Union
Go to Reeve Theatre (Rm 307) in Reeve Memorial Union for Closing Statements. To find your way to the theatre, go to the lobby and follow the human signs.
12:20-12:50 p.m. | Closing Statements
- Information about the Department of Art, HSAD exhibition, awards and closing reception at the Steinhilber Art Gallery in Reeve Memorial Union on Saturday, May 2.
12:50-1:10 p.m. | Artwork Pickup
- Students pick up their off-site work in critique rooms and on-site projects from workshop studios if necessary.
- Goodbye and thank you for your participation.