ArtsCore Bridge Day will be held on Friday, September 24, 2021 in Reeve Union. Join us for an afternoon of short, arts integrated lessons presented by ArtsCore alumni. In 2020, keynote speaker, Mark Jones, taught participants how to create their own stop motion videos. A short compilation of participants videos can be viewed here.
Thank you to everyone who presented and participated in our 2021 ArtShare: 60-Minute Saturdays, a professional development series for UWO Preservice and Licensed teachers. The sessions were educational, insightful and fun!
Videos from all of our ArtShare: 60-Minute Saturdays are available in our media gallery here
The Arts Integration Symposium will be held on Friday, March 11, 2022 in Reeve Union. Our 2021 keynote session explored the art of puppetry with visual storyteller, educator and puppeteer, Karen Konnerth, followed by sessions featuring art integration lessons or hot topics relevant in today’s teaching. Our virtual networking session afforded participants the opportunity to connect face to face. Learn more about the breakout sessions here.
Guest Speaker Workshops
- 3/13/21: Virtual Arts Integration Symposium: Make Learning Pop with Puppets: Arts Integration Across the Curriculum in the Elementary School Classroom, by Karen Konnerth, keynote speaker
- 9/26/20: Virtual Bridge Day: Animation in the Classroom: High Tech to No Tech by Mark Jones, keynote speaker
- 2/10/20: Adaptive Tools and Strategies for Pre-service Teachers, by Susan Loesl
- 3/18/19: The Music at Hand: How We Improvise and Why It Matters, by Bill Bauer
- 10/15/18: A sad tale’s best for winter: Shakespearean Romance, Trauma, and the Limits of Storytelling, by Ann Pleiss Morris
- 3/12/18: Q&A book study with Julia Marshall, Design & Development Consultant to the Alameda County Office of Education’s Integrated Learning Specialist Program
- 10/16/17: Cycropia, aerial dance troupe
- 4/24/17: Placed-Based Education: A Visual Field Trip Across North America, David Sobel
- 4/24/17: Traditional Storytelling: Celebrate the arts, nature and storytelling, by Randy Cornelius
- 4/18/16: Animation in the Classroom: Collaborative Storytelling Across the Curriculum, by Mark Jones
- 10/19/15: Layers of Trouble: How a cicada’s song inspired an artist to find the art in science subjects, by Judith Baker Waller