ArtsCore Colony at the Paine is a nine-day professional development series where teachers enroll in teams from their prospective schools to learn about arts integration techniques and how to apply them in their classrooms. All events are held at the Paine Art Center and Gardens in Oshkosh, WI. Please click here to learn more about the upcoming workshop sequence.
The Arts Integration Symposium is held every spring and includes interactive sessions where participants learn strategies to motivate and engage student learning. Symposium also includes hands-on round table sessions, led by teachers using this approach in the classroom. Please click here to learn more about the day.
The next Arts Integration Symposium will be held on Thursday, March 9, 2023, from 8:30am-12:30pm.
- 3/11/22: Arts Integration Symposium
- 9/24/21: Bridge Day
- 5/1/21: ArtShare: 60-Minute Saturday: Poetic Printed Portraits, presented by Jenny Henselin and Mary Yang
- 4/10/21: ArtShare: 60-Minute Saturday: Doing National Arts Standards in the S.T.E.A.M. Curriculum, presented by Dr. Yoko Mogi-Hein and Annie West
- 3/13/21: Arts Integration Symposium: Make Learning Pop with Puppets: Arts Integration Across the Curriculum in the Elementary School Classroom, by Karen Konnerth
- 2/13/21: ArtShare: 60-Minute Saturday: Educational Connections and Resources, presented by Mary Pleiss and Kelsey Raschke
- 2/13/21: ArtShare: 60-Minute Saturday: Sculpting with Read-Alouds, presented by Ta Feiter and Brianna Lubbers
- 1/23/21: ArtShare: 60-Minute Saturday: Self-Care for You and Your Students, presented by Teresa Moucha
- 9/26/20: Bridge Day: Animation in the Classroom: High Tech to No Tech by Mark Jones
- 2/10/20: Adaptive Tools and Strategies for Pre-service Teachers, presented by Susan Loesl
- 3/18/19: The Music at Hand: How We Improvise and Why It Matters, presented by Bill Bauer
- 10/15/18: A sad tale’s best for winter: Shakespearean Romance, Trauma, and the Limits of Storytelling, presented by Ann Pleiss Morris
- 3/12/18: Q&A book study with Julia Marshall, Design & Development Consultant to the Alameda County Office of Education’s Integrated Learning Specialist Program
- 10/16/17: Cycropia, aerial dance troupe
- 4/24/17: Placed-Based Education: A Visual Field Trip Across North America, presented by David Sobel
- 4/24/17: Traditional Storytelling: Celebrate the arts, nature, and storytelling, presented by Randy Cornelius
- 4/18/16: Animation in the Classroom: Collaborative Storytelling Across the Curriculum, presented by Mark Jones
- 10/19/15: Layers of Trouble: How a cicada’s song inspired an artist to find the art in science subjects, presented by Judith Baker Waller