Radiologic Science Major
This major is for students desiring a career performing medical imaging using x-rays. The degree program involves 2-3 years of study at UW Oshkosh, which includes earning the Associate of Arts & Science degree, followed by competitive admission to a 2-year program of study at one of our affiliated clinical programs. A passing score on the ARRT’s national “Registry” exam completes both the RT(R) credential and the BS degree.
Required Units (crs.): A minimum of 60 credits in residence at UW Oshkosh; then 60 credits earned from training conducted at one of our clinical affiliates.
Required Courses for the Major:
- Biology: Biology 105 or 108; 211, 212
- Chemistry: Chemistry 101 and 102, or Chemistry 105 and 106, or Physics 107 and 108
- Kinesiology: Kinesiology 170
- Math: Math 104 and 106; or Math 108
- Math: Math 201 or 301, or Economics 210, or Criminal Justice 281, or Geography 385, or Psychology 203 or 341, or Sociology 281
- Psychology: Psychology 101 or equivalent
- Clinical Biology: Bio 404, 405, 406, 407, 408, 409, and 410
Advisers for the Radiologic Science Major
- Mallory Janquart
- Sonja Jeter