NetID Activation Instructions
What is my NetID username?
You are able to look up your name in the directory to confirm your username (it is the first part of your UWO email: firstname.lastname@example.org) Go here for the directory.
If you are still unable to identify your NetID username, please call the CAPP Office at 920-424-3003. Please note that NetID information can only be provided to students, not to parents, teachers, or counselors.
Where do I activate my NetID for the first time?
If this is your very first CAPP class, you need to activate your NetID.
Please make sure to read all instructions listed below
1. Make sure you have your correct NetID username (Find your username in the UWO Directory).
2. Go to netid.uwosh.edu/changePassword
3. Click the circle next to “First time activation”
4. Enter your NetID username into the first box (do not include “@uwosh.edu)
5. Enter your 7-digit UWO ID number in the second box.
6. Type your new password in the third box.
- Your password must meet the requirements shown on the password change page.
- Once your password meets the requirements, an “acceptable password” message will appear to the right of the box.
7. Re-type your password, making sure that “passwords match” (message will appear to the right of the text box).
8. Click “Change Password.” You should then receive a message that says password change was successful
- If you receive Error 1: You may have entered incorrect information. Double check that your username and ID number are typed correctly.
- You may look yourself up in the Student Directory to confirm your NetID (everything before the @ of your email address).
- If you receive Error 4: You have already created a password for your NetID. If you forgot this password, you must reset using the instructions below.
If, after following these instructions, you are still receiving an error, you may call the Help Desk for assistance. The Help Desk is available Mon-Fri from 7:30am-4:30pm at 920-424-3020.
IMPORTANT: Students must call the Help Desk directly. In following university policy, the Help Desk CANNOT discuss student accounts with anyone other than the student (including parents, teachers, and high school counselors).
UW Oshkosh CAPP
Hours: M–F 7:45 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Temporary Location: Sage 4451
University of Wisconsin Oshkosh
800 Algoma Blvd
Oshkosh, WI 54901