Every year, 94-99% of CAPP alumni report success in transferring their CAPP credits and earning recognition of these credits. Recognition of credits can vary by college or university, academic department, or what academic major you select. Recognition can come in the form of:
- Transfer of CAPP course with the credits earned (as an major elective, general elective, or degree requirement course)
- Exemption from a required course because a comparable course was successfully completed though CAPP
- Placement in an advanced course because the introductory level course was successfully completed through CAPP
Credit Transfer Misconceptions
Below are some common misconceptions and mistakes regarding the credit transfer process. Stay informed and try not to succumb to misinformation!
Misconception: I am not planning to attend UWO, and my credits won’t count anywhere else
Correction: UW Oshkosh credits will transfer to over 200 schools across the country! Please refer to the Credit Recognition Sheet in the box below to see if your transfer school is on the list! Note that this does not guarantee transfer.
Misconception: The credits are not in my intended major, so I don’t need them for my degree.
Correction: Even if the credits you earned at UWO are not in your intended major, they may still fill general degree requirements that are needed to graduate. Many times there is also a minimum number of total credits needed to graduate, and transferred UWO credits would add to this total!
Misconception: I am not going to a 4-year university, so I can’t transfer my credits.
Correction: Much like the answers above, this is not the case. Most CAPP courses are lower level college courses that often correspond to general education requirements, which are still needed at 2-year colleges.
Misconception: I did not earn a desirable grade in my CAPP course so I will not transfer my credits to another school.
Correction: You are required to submit all college-level course history when you apply to colleges and universities. This is why you should be aware of the procedures to drop CAPP courses. All courses dropped through the CAPP Office before the drop deadline will NOT appear on your UWO transcript.
Mistake: I do not know how to transfer my credits
Solution: If you do not know, just ask! We are always happy to help you make the most out of your CAPP experience, including taking those credits with you across the country! All of our contact information is found here.
Here are various resources to help you compare how credits from UW Oshkosh may transfer to other Universities and colleges.
- Transfer Information System (TIS) for UW Schools
- UW Oshkosh Admissions website with all agreements
- Credit Recognition Sheet is a compilation of colleges and universities that have specifically recognized UW Oshkosh credits earned through CAPP. This is not an all-inclusive list nor does it guarantee automatic recognition. This is based on annual surveys by previous CAPP students and colleges our office has contacted. This list will continue to be updated.
- UConn Credit Transfer Database is a database compiled of research done by the UConn Early College Experience program on information about transferring concurrent enrollment credits. It is a simple database with transfer credit policies for many colleges and universities.
It is important to be proactive and prepared in order to get the most out of your UWO credits.
- If you are concerned about how exactly your credits will transfer, do your research. Many universities have transfer agreements on their websites. Otherwise, contact someone in the Admissions or Registrar’s Office for assistance (email is a convenient way to keep the information for your records).
- Planning a major in Nursing, Engineering, or Education? These majors tend to have very specific course requirements. Check with your intended college or university before you enroll to make sure your credits can be applied to these fields.
- Some universities may request evidence of your course work to determine whether the content of your course is equivalent to their course. Start a folder with:
- Class syllabus
- Class projects and exams
- Unofficial transcript
- Make sure to request your official transcript
UW Oshkosh CAPP
Hours: M–F 7:45 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Temporary Location: Sage 4451
University of Wisconsin Oshkosh
800 Algoma Blvd
Oshkosh, WI 54901