The Center for Academic Resources
Interim Session Hours
Mon-Fri: 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Saturday – Sunday: Closed
Benefits of Supplemental Instruction and Tutoring
Research suggests that:
- Tutoring can help students better understand how they learn, which in turn can help them become more successful in their academic studies
- Tutoring can positively affect understanding of material, completion of assignments, and confidence
- Students who utilize tutoring on a regular basis benefit from consistent review of the material which may in turn have a positive affect on grades
Client survey responses – Spring 2017:
- 82% of survey respondents stated their tutors help them develop academic skills/study skills
- 90% would recommend their tutors to others
- 94% believe their grade has improved as a result of tutoring
What our clients have to say:
My tutor did an excellent job teaching me how to better understand my course material. I was very satisfied.
She made math seem way easier… If I didn’t have her as a tutor 2nd semester then I wouldn’t have gotten grades as good as I did.
He was very sincere in our meetings. He often quizzed me on topics from the previous session. Also, he would ask me questions to see if I was engaged. Refreshing were his different ways he taught topics and explained problems. Very thorough. Overall, he’s a very involving and respectful tutor whom I would recommend for other people to take in a heartbeat! I greatly enjoyed learning Calculus with him this semester.
Center for Academic Resources
750 Elmwood Ave