Fond du Lac Campus Course-Specific Tutoring (UC-131)
Peer tutoring is a peer-mediated learning environment in which students serve as academic tutors in courses they have earned a high grade in at UWO. Through online or in-person appointments, these students work with other students currently enrolled in the course to help them understand the course content, prepare for exams, and become more confident with the material.
Peer tutors are students who:
- Have already taken the course and earned a B+ or higher in it at UWO, Fox Cities or UWO, Fond du Lac
- Have received a recommendation from a professor who teaches the course
- Have established and maintained a minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA
- Have completed tutor training prior to their first session
- For the consideration of our tutors’ schedules, please provide at least a 12-hour notice of the need to cancel or reschedule your appointment. For your consideration, we ask the same of our tutors.
- Tutors and clients are asked to sign a contract for recurring sessions that outline both the client’s and the tutor’s responsibilities.
- Tutors are unable to provide answers to graded assignments or complete a client’s homework.
- Tutoring does not take the place of attending class; it is a supplement to personal study time.
Find more tutoring options on the Fond du Lac campus:
Student Success Center, Suite 102
750 Elmwood Ave
Monday-Thursday: 8:00 am - 7:30 pm
Friday: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Tutoring is online / in-person.