About the Position
- Front desk support at the Student Success Center Suite 102 during the Center for Academic Resources (CAR) open hours by greeting and assisting all walk-in traffic and telephone calls in a cordial and respectful manner.
- Looking up and providing students with information about CAR, Tutoring, and SI/PERS
- Assisting tutors and students in connecting with each other for tutoring sessions
- Directing students to open areas to tutor, as needed, and maintaining overall cleanliness of Center
- Checking and responding to phone messages and emails, as needed
- Completing tutor request forms for students when tutors are not available
- Entering tutor/client contract information into spreadsheet
- Assisting tutors and clients through sign in and sign out processes
- Helping student employees with entering their hours into HRS/My UW System
- Maintaining organized office environment for other Office Assistants, CAR employees and students
- Closing CAR after evening shifts, as needed (ex. ask students to sign-out, lock all doors, turn off lights and computers, etc.)
- Ensuring all job duties are complete before working on personal work/home work
- Other duties, as assigned by CAR staff
- Hourly pay for tutors starts at $8.25 and 6-10 hours/week (hours may vary depending on the needs of the department)
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proficient use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Google Applications
- Familiarity with PeopleSoft and My UW System databases
- Enrolled in a minimum of 6 undergraduate or 4.5 graduate credits
How to Apply
You will need to complete and submit the Office Assistant Application to be considered for employment. Drop in to get a paper application from our front desk or fill out the form on the left under “Submit an Application.”
*Currently accepting applications for the spring 2019 semester.
Center for Academic Resources
Mon-Thurs: 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Saturday - Sunday: Closed
750 Elmwood Ave