Peer Advising Liaisons
PALs are returning UW Oshkosh students who care about their fellow students and are committed to helping students reach their college goals. PALs are carefully selected through a formal interview process based on academic criteria, experience, and attitude.
In order to better serve you, we would appreciate your feedback regarding your experiences with the Peer Advising Liaisons (PALs). Click the button below to take the survey:
A PAL can help you with:
- Reading your Advisement Report
- Finding your assigned academic/faculty advisor
- Scheduling an appointment with your academic advisor
- Determining any holds on your account or record
- Registering for your classes
- Adding, dropping and repeating classes
- General Education and University Studies Program (USP) requirements
PAL & Student Feedback
PAL Feedback exemplifies the benefit students receive from working for the PAL program:
“Being a PAL benefited me in ways I did not expect. It has helped my communication immensely, and I have learned so much about conflict resolution as well. It has contributed to my development as a professional, too.”
“I have truly learned so much from this position. It has helped shape me into who I am today.”
“In the short amount of time I have been a PAL my entire personality has changed. I was not confident in anything I did for about the first semester. I know for a fact I would not be where I am today without this job. I have learned skills that have given me the opportunity to apply for positions (and get them) with skill sets way above my level. I have learned what being on a team truly means, and I have gained so much self-confidence that I never had before.”
“I like the sense of camaraderie amongst the PALs and how we can rely on each other when we have questions or need support. I think the strengths of the program stem from the amount of training we receive. Because we are so well prepared, we are able to use our critical thinking skills to give students correct information and referrals.”
Student Feedback exemplifies the impact PAL’s have on their peers:
“It is always easy to talk to the PALs which doesn’t make me nervous to schedule an appointment when I don’t know what I am doing.”
“They were super helpful, I think I would have had a lot of confusion and frustration without them.”
“I was impressed by the PALs last year who helped me with my class schedule. They did a great job, and I needed their help because I was a freshman who, at the time, was a little confused with the whole scheduling process here at UWO.”
“I remember when I first started at the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh and I wasn’t sure if I wanted to continue with being a nurse. The PALs were very helpful and kind helping me set up an appointment with my advisor. When I was leaving nursing, the PALs were helpful with providing information on switching advisors, and even programs that would help me pick a different major.”
UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN OSHKOSH
Career & Professional Development
Student Success Center, Suite 125
750 Elmwood Ave.
Oshkosh, WI 54901
- M–Th: 7:45 a.m.–5 p.m.
- F: 7:45 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Fond du Lac and Fox Cities Campus Solution Centers
- Wednesdays: 10 a.m.–2 p.m.
- Services only offered when classes are in session
UWO 2023 Internship & Career Fair
Wednesday, March 1, 2023
11:30 - 3:30 pm
Kolf Physical Education and Sports Center
785 High Ave, Oshkosh, WI 54901
Over 130 employers/universities and more than 600 job seekers!
Internship & Career Fair is a biannual career fair, held every fall and spring. Network and interview with students and alumni searching for:
- Full-Time positions
- Networking opportunities
Registration Instructions | Register on Handshake
Career & Professional Development will be hosting the fair at Kolf Sports Center.
- Your booth will be reserved once your payment is received. Any cancellations must be received via email to email@example.com before or on February 3, 2023 will be refunded minus the $32 processing fee. Cancellations received after this date will not be refunded.
- Career fair no-shows will still be billed.
- All representatives need to have a Handshake account to participate.
- Please complete all company information upon registration.
- The registration process will occur through the organization’s account withinthe Handshake program.
- Some of this information will be published online and available via the fair app.
- Once a reservation is made you are responsible for payment.
- Submitting an online registration triggers acknowledgment of the organization’s financial responsibilities for all fees associated with the event. All fees paid will be refunded ONLY if the registration is canceled by the applicable date.
- Registrations after February 3, 2023, must pay at the time of reservation after approval.
- No refunds are given to organizations that “no show” the day of the event for any reason.
- Any organization, whose registration fees have not been received by the day of the event, MUST pay said fees by credit card, check, or cash at the time of event check-in.
Schedule of Events
Booths are 10×10, contain 1 high-top 8′ table and 2 directors chairs lunch for two.
- Light Lunch will be provided.
- Set up: 10:30 a.m. –11:30
- Career Fair: 11:30 – 3:30 p.m.
- Take Down: 3:30 p.m. We expect you to adhere to the schedule.
Career Fair Rates
SAVE $75 - Early Bird Special: Booth rate is $375.00 for registrations made AND paid by Friday, 01.20.23. If the early bird rate is unpaid on 01.21.2023, the rate will be raised to the full price rate.
- Early Bird Rate (paid on or before 01.20.23)$375.00
- Full Price (paid after 01.20.23) $450.00
- Non-Profit (501 (c)3 number required) & Government Rate $250.00
- If Electricity is needed for your booth please contact Jodi Kalmus. There will be an additional fee of $50.
- Important: Please complete all company information upon registration. Some of this information will be published online via Handshake and will assist students in learning about your company and open positions.
Please be advised: You may only bring 2 representatives if you have a single booth or 4 representatives if you have a double booth. Please register accordingly.
Any cancellations received on or before February 3, 2023, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org will be refunded less a $32.00 processing fee.
Cancellations received after February 3, 2023 will not be refunded. If UW Oshkosh closes due to inclement weather or any other unforeseen campus emergency, the event will be canceled and up to 50% of the organization’s registration fee will be refunded. For official news of UW Oshkosh closings, please consult the main UW Oshkosh website or the Career & Professional Development website.
Save the Date!
Wednesday, September 1, 2023
2023 UWO WERF East Education Fair
Healthcare Career Fair
Non-Profit - Social Assistance Virtual Career Fair
Location: Virtual / Handshake
Register on: Handshake
For questions regarding this event or your Handshake account, please contact Career & Professional Development at (920) 424-2181 or email email@example.com.
Titan Fest & Student Opportunity Fair
Tuesday, Sept. 5th, 2023
11 a.m.–2 p.m.
This is an outside event, be prepared for the weather of the day.
Career & Professional Development will be participating in the Student Opportunities fair. This is an excellent opportunity for organizations looking to fill part-time positions during the school year. Network with students searching for part-time positions. This is an outside event held on the academic mall, be prepared for the weather of the day.
Log in to Handshake and click on “Fairs”. (If you do not have an account, you will need to create one. Your account may take up to one business day to be processed and activated.)
Table Information and Rates
A fee of $80 will be charged for participation in the fair to cover costs.
Please note: Registration fees are due by TBD, or upon registration approval. Any cancellations made on or before Aug. 1, will be refunded less a $15.00 processing fee. Cancellations made after this date will not be refunded.