SERVICE AND MANAGEMENT
The service and management industry features opportunities that provide direct support for customers, colleagues and organizations. Many roles in this industry are tasked with helping customers find products, supporting customers with issues, processing payments and communicating effectively.
Within the service and management industry, the pathways that lead to these opportunities are broad. UW Oshkosh students who pursue a career in service or management learn from professors who bring their real-world experience into the classroom.
This sector needs people-focused professionals who are dedicated to their organization, colleagues and customers. UW Oshkosh alumni who currently work in the service and management sectors have studied:
- Communication Studies
- Human Resource Mangement
- Human Service Leadership
- Information Systems
- Leadership and Organizational Studies
- Leadership and Organizational Development
- Liberal Studies
- Political Science
- Women’s and Gender Studies
Average Starting Salary
The average salary for UW Oshkosh graduates who are working in this field within the first year of graduating
UW Oshkosh also offers minors and certificates that can accompany any major and provide you with a specific additional focus.
- Adventure and Outdoor Pursuits
- Applied Ethics
- Behavioral Science
- Business Administration
- Business Fundamentals
- Business Economics
- Community Health Studies
- Electronic communication
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Health, Humanities and Society
- Law and Policy
- Military Science
- Operations Research
- Organizational Communication
- Social Equity and Diversity
- Social Justice
- Social Science
- Sustainability Management
The employment outlook in the education sector varies greatly depending on the location. From 2020–2030, the following occupations are projected to grow about as fast as the average for all occupations:
Information Systems Manager
TOP CAREER AREAS
- Account coordinator
- Administrative services and facilities manager
- Business owner
- Content editor
- Emergency management director
- Executive team lead
- Farm, ranch and agricultural manager
- Food service manager
- Hotel or hospitality manager
- Human resources generalist
- Market research specialist
- Project coordinator
- Sales manager
- Technical recruiter
- Good listening
- Process orientation
- Attention to detail
Work in the Education Field
Our alumni who work in this field have worked with the following organizations.
Salary and employment statistics for UW Oshkosh graduates are self reported and given based on their experiences and opportunities they secured within 9 months after graduation. Data is pulled from the UW Oshkosh First Destination Survey and is an average of reported data from the previous three years.
UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN OSHKOSH
Career & Professional Development
Student Success Center, Suite 125
750 Elmwood Ave.
Oshkosh, WI 54901
- M–Th: 7:45 a.m.–5 p.m.
- F: 7:45 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Fond du Lac and Fox Cities Campus Advisor Hours
- Fox Cities Hours: Mondays 8:30-2:30 in the Intersection
- Fond Du Lac Hours: Thursdays 8:30-4:00 in the Intersection
- Services only offered when classes are in session during the fall and spring terms.