VMock SMART Resume Platform
UW Oshkosh Career & Professional Development has partnered with VMock Inc. to help you create a powerful resume and accelerate your career journey.
**Be sure to log in with your UWO email to receive the FREE services provided by VMock.
VMock, a 24-7 online resume review tool, leverages technologies like data-science, machine learning, and natural language processing to provide instant personalized feedback on your resume based on criteria gathered from employers and global best practices – from anywhere, at any time of the day.
Create an account, upload your resume, and VMock will:
- Give you an aggregate resume score to assess the strength of your Resume benchmarked against your own UW Oshkosh peer group
- Provide you with resume guidelines based on your school template to ensure that you do not miss the fine details and establish a great first impression
- Assess how well you have marketed your core competencies to showcase the right skill set reflected in academics, experience, achievements etc.
- Give you line-by-line suggestions to improve your resume content in view of your course and level of experience
How to Use VMock
- If after you’ve gotten feedback from Vmock and would like to talk with a career advisor more in-depth about improvements call Career & Professional Development or self-schedule an appointment on Handshake.
- Once your resume is in a place you find satisfactory, we recommend uploading your resume to Handshake and making it visible. We also encourage you to update your Handshake profile. An updated profile and a visible resume give your Handshake account the most opportunity to be viewed by employers seeking to fill internships and jobs.
VMock is designed to work with resumes from many fields of study across various industries. Once you receive your detailed feedback, make relevant changes to your document, re-upload it to see your increased score and associated feedback. You may upload your resume for feedback up to 10 times.
Need further help? Check out this quick video for more details.
UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN OSHKOSH
Career & Professional Development
Student Success Center, Suite 125
750 Elmwood Ave.
Oshkosh, WI 54901
- M–Th: 7:45 a.m.–5 p.m.
- F: 7:45 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Fond du Lac and Fox Cities Campus Advisor Hours
- Fox Cities Hours: Mondays 8:30-2:30 in the Intersection
- Fond Du Lac Hours: Thursdays 8:30-4:00 in the Intersection
- Services only offered when classes are in session during the fall and spring terms.