VMock – SMART Resume Platform
UW Oshkosh Career & Professional Development has partnered with VMock Inc. to help you create a powerful resume and accelerate your career journey.
**ensure you are logging in with your UWO email to receive the FREE services provided by VMOCK
VMock, a 24-7 online resume review tool, leverages technologies like data-science, machine learning, and natural language processing to provide instant personalized feedback on your resume based on criteria gathered from employers and global best practices – from anywhere, at any time of the day.
Simply create an account, upload your resume, and VMock will:
- Give you an aggregate resume score to assess the strength of your Resume benchmarked against your own UW Oshkosh peer group
- Provide you with resume guidelines based on your school template to ensure that you do not miss the fine details and establish a great first impression
- Assess how well you have marketed your core competencies to showcase the right skill set reflected in academics, experience, achievements etc.
- Give you line-by-line suggestions to improve your resume content in view of your course and level of experience
VMock is designed to work with resumes from many different fields across various industries. Once you receive the detailed feedback, make relevant changes to the resume and re-upload it to see the increased score and associated improvements.
Check out the VMock Video to learn more!
VMock & Handshake
- Login to Vmock using your UW Oshkosh email address and create a profile.
- Upload a PDF of your resume.
- Use the feedback gained from Vmock to make updates to your document. You may upload your resume up to 10 times an academic year to perfect your document.
- If after you’ve gotten feedback from Vmock and would like to talk with a career advisor more in-depth about improvements you may call Career & Professional Development or self-schedule an appointment on Handshake.
- Once your resume is in a place you find satisfactory we recommend uploading your resume to Handshake and making it a public document. We also encourage you to update your Handshake profile. An updated profile and a public resume give your Handshake account the most opportunity to be viewed by employers seeking to fill internships and jobs.