Community Education Outreach Program (CEO)
As part of the CEO program, UW Oshkosh CCDET is pleased to introduce a series of educational opportunities on topics of interest to community members. Our first series:
“Dementia Touches Us All” — An Education Event
Did you know in 2015, it was estimated that 115,000 Wisconsin citizens had dementia? By 2040, that number is expected to increase to 242,000 people!
We are proud to present a community outreach series beginning in Spring 2019 that will educate people on effective ways to interact with people living with dementia.
This series will include three 3-hour classes:
- Understanding Dementia & Alzheimer’s Disease
- Relating & Responding to People with Dementia
- Managing Challenging Situations in Dementia
Who will benefit from this class?
- Long-term healthcare providers (nursing homes, assisted living providers)
- Community healthcare providers (outpatient health clinics/surgery centers, home health/personal care agencies, hospitals, hospice, dental offices, chiropractic offices)
- Family and friends of people with dementia or Alzheimer’s disease
- Crisis response team members (Fire, EMS, law enforcement, APS, judicial, clergy)
- Businesses (restaurants, banks, retailers, entertainment venues)
- Public and private agencies/organizations (public utilities, churches, postal services, service clubs, insurance agencies)
- Other interested individuals
All courses held at the UW Oshkosh Alumni Welcome and Conference Center, 625 Pearl Avenue, Oshkosh 54901. We offer morning, afternoon and evening classes. Free parking is available.
Check back for dates and/or to register for this informative community event.
If you have questions, contact email@example.com
To be notified of class dates and times, click on the button below to get UW Oshkosh CCDET Email Updates!Get UW Oshkosh CCDET Email Updates