Titan Accelerator Program
A university-based startup accelerator program for student entrepreneurs.
The Titan Accelerator Program is a unique program for those interested in taking their idea to the next level. Through a 10-week lean startup curriculum based program, students will develop their ideas, validate their business models, and gain skills to advance their entrepreneurial knowledge. The two most rapidly-scalable, high-growth startup business will have an opportunity to participate in the Summer Incubator Program.
Graduates of the Titan Accelerator Program are lifelong members of the Center. We provide ongoing coaching, mentorship, and support for all student entrepreneurs, even for those that have graduated and might be seeking additional support.
The Titan Accelerator Program is one of the leading university-based startup accelerators in Northeast WI.
On an annual basis, five to seven student teams are selected to participate in the Titan Accelerator Program. See our portfolio of companies from past years.
Any student enrolled at UW Oshkosh (Oshkosh, Fox Cities, or Fond du Lac Campuses). The program is open to all undergraduate and graduate students from any major or area of study. Prior participants are not eligible to participate with the same business.
The program is free. We do not take any equity in your startup and you have full ownership of your startup IP.
Note: Not everyone who applies is admitted into the program.
Participating ventures will receive the following:
- Up to $5,000 in funding to be used towards the business
- In-kind services to assist with legal, accounting, marketing, IT, strategy, etc.
- Expert coaching, training, and mentorship from experienced entrepreneurs
- Connections with the Center’s advisory board and vast network of stakeholders
- Weekly one-on-one’s with the Center’s staff and coaches
- Independent study credit (to fulfill internship requirement)
- Access to office space and technology at the Seifert Startup Space
…and a group of peers to motivate you!
Key 2020-21 Dates
- Application Submission Deadline – January 24, 2021 (at 11:59 p.m.)
- Announcement of Finalists – January 28, 2021
- Program Welcome & Orientation – February 4, 2021
- Titan Accelerator Program Begins – Week of February 7-12, 2021
- Startup Showcase Event (i.e. Demo Day) – May 6, 2021
Frequently Asked Questions
- What kinds of startups do you admit?
- Do I have to be a business major?
- Can I obtain university credit?
We invite all kinds of startups (or ideas), from any industry, to apply. Startups can be basic ideas or proven concepts.
No. We serve all undergraduate and graduate students from all colleges and campus locations within the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh.
Yes. Students enrolled in the College of Business can receive up to three university credits to fulfill the internship requirement. Participating in the Titan Accelerator Program doesn’t mean you are automatically enrolled in the course. You must contact Ashley Petr, the College of Business Internship Coordinator, to apply and enroll in the Entrepreneurship Internship Course (BUS 492).