See you next year at UW Green Bay!
October 25-26, 2019
The faculty and staff of the UW Oshkosh Department of Chemistry invite you to join us at the 45th Annual University of Wisconsin System Chemistry Faculties Meeting to network and learn from your chemistry colleagues from across the UW System.
Friday night events will be held at the Culver Family Welcome Center located at 625 Pearl Ave., Oshkosh, WI 54901.
- Registration will begin at 4:30 till 6 p.m.
- Vendor and poster session will be held from 5 – 6 p.m.
- Buffet dinner begins at 6 p.m.
- Professor Paul Voyles from UW Madison will be giving the plenary address where he will review some of the evidence for spatially heterogeneous dynamics in supercooled liquids and describe some of the clever indirect experiments devised for measuring them. The plenary will begin at 7:00 pm and be followed by a SCI-MIX session from 8-10:00 pm where conversations can continue around the posters and with vendors.
- On Saturday morning in Sage Hall, Marisa K. Trapp, a Senior Environmental Health Specialist with the Office of Risk Management for UW System, will be speaking about the upcoming audit on lab safety.
- 2019 Regents Scholar Awardee Professor Yijun Tang from UW Oshkosh will speak about his research on his development of new glucose sensors that have greater stability and effectiveness than standard enzyme-based blood testing strips. The strips also last longer, are more accurate and more durable than current strips.
Countdown to 45th Annual Chemistry Faculties Meeting