Admission to the College of Business
- Minimum of 44 credits earned
- Combined (cumulative, including transfer grades) GPA of 2.50 or above
- Completion of all Business Pre-core courses with a “C” or better
Students are allowed to apply for admission to the College of Business if they have met all the Admission Criteria listed above. If students do not apply, they will be limited to taking 21 credits of upper-level business courses. Admission Deadline: December 20 for Spring semester admission and May 20 for Fall semester admission.
- Students must make an appointment with a Business Advisor in the Undergraduate Advising Resource Center (UARC). During the appointment, students will submit an admission application. After completing the application, students are eligible to add as many 300/400 level business department courses that they would like as long as they meet other course prerequisites.
- At the end of the current semester, and after the deadline, the applicant’s academic record will be reviewed (along with the Professional Development portfolio if necessary) and admissions decisions will be administered based on the criteria above. Transfer students must request final transcripts to be received by UW Oshkosh Admissions Office no later than January 1st for spring acceptance or June 1st for fall acceptance.
- Admission notification letters will be e-mailed to the UW Oshkosh e-mail account after the deadline; generally July for fall admission and January for spring admission.
- The declared major(s), minor(s), certificate(s), and emphases will be added to the applicant’s records appearing on the advisement report and transcripts near the beginning of the admit semester. (If you wish to update or edit your major(s), minor(s), and emphases while in the application process, contact firstname.lastname@example.org). Students will be reassigned to a College of Business faculty advisor for each of their declared majors.
- Students not meeting the admission requirements (above) may be able to keep up to 21 credits of upper-level business department courses. However, they will be removed from all courses for which they do not meet the prerequisites.
- Students who transfer the equivalent of BUS 240 (previously BUS 284), will complete a professional development portfolio. Visit the Professional Development Portfolio web page for more information
- If students do not meet the admission criteria listed above, please see the Admission Appeal List Process page for more information