Admission Appeal List Process
What is the Admission Appeal List Process?
For students who do not meet the minimum GPA requirement for admission (2.50 Combined and Pre-core), you may appeal for admission to the College of Business through the Appeal List Process.
Admission Appeal List Criteria:
- Minimum of 44 credits earned
- Combined (cumulative, including transfer grades) GPA of 2.2 or higher
- Earned grade of “C” or better in every Business Pre-core course
- Completion of all Business Pre- core courses
Appeal List Process:
- Students must make an appointment with a Business Advisor in the Undergraduate Advising Resource Center (UARC). Students are encouraged to meet with their advisor about two weeks before their assigned registration date for the semester they plan to admit. * This Admission Appeal List Process takes the place of the previous admission appeal process.
- Students are responsible to complete all steps of the admissions process. Failure to do so will result in denial of admission.
- At the end of the current semester, and after the deadline (below), the applicant’s academic record will be reviewed by a committee to determine an appeal decision. Transfer students must request final transcripts to be received by UW Oshkosh Admissions Office no later than January 1st for spring acceptance or June 1st for fall acceptance.
- Admission notification letters will be e-mailed to the UW Oshkosh e-mail account after the deadline (below); generally late July for fall admission, and late January for spring admission.
Deadline to complete admission process: December 20 for Spring semester admission and May 20 for Fall semester admission.
NOTE: Students denied admission are allowed to keep up to 21 credits of upper-level business department courses if other prerequisites are met; otherwise, they will be removed from courses for which they do not meet prerequisites.