Management and Human Resources
Depending on the company, a human resources position can encompass everything from recruiting to training to compensation, or it can focus on a single human resources specialty. Managment professionals help employee develops and manages their company’s culture. They recruit new hires, maintain benefits and payroll, mediate conflict and engage in training and development. Their role is at the core of a company’s success.
5 Benefits of Working In Human Resources and Management
- Working with many types of professionals: HR and management professionals work closely with people at every stage of their careers.
- Variety: There is no typical day. Professionals often focus on a variety of tasks, from staffing a booth at a recruitment fair to leading a training class.
- Challenges: The field of human resources and management is an evolving science and art. There are always new strategies, technologies, and skills to learn and improve upon.
- Focus on the big picture: professionals participate in long-range planning, with insider views on how the entire organization works.
- Flexibility: human resource and management professionals are needed by businesses of every size, in every industry. You can put your skills and knowledge to work just about anywhere.
Major Fact Sheets
Unsure of which major is right for you? Check out the major fact sheet for a quick glance on discovering the perfect fit.