Master of Business Administration
MBA STUDENT FAQs
How long do I have to complete my degree?
MBA courses have a 7 year shelf life. Any classes you have taken more than seven years ago need to be repeated. A 1 or 2 year extension many be granted, depending on individual circumstances.
Level I foundation courses on our former curriculum are excluded from these rules.
How many credits should I take per semester?
Most students take between 3 and 6 credits per semester, averaging 4.5 credits per semester. The time you have to devote to coursework will determine how many credits you should enroll in each semester. It’s recommended to start slowly and add more classes if you find you have the time. It’s very easy to get overwhelmed with too many classes at the graduate level.
- Students need to take a minimum of 4.5 credits per spring and fall semester and a minimum of 3 credits in summer semester to be eligible for financial aid.
- Students are required to maintain a 3.0 GPA at all times.
- 9 credits is full time.
- The amount of time you can expect to spend in an online course ranges from 7-11 hours per week, but that varies depending on how familiar you are with the topic area, your personal areas of interests, how fast you read, etc.
- The amount of time you can expect to spend on an in-person course ranges from 4 – 8 hours per week outside of class time for each class, but that varies depending on how familiar you are with the topic area, your personal areas of interests, how fast you read, etc.
Where should I look for class details?
The class details page is a great tool for finding details about a particular course in a particular semester.
The semester currently running as well as one or two upcoming semester class detail pages will be available for you to choose from. Click on the “class details” selection for the appropriate semester and appropriate curriculum and you will have access to every section of every class being taught in the program that semester.
While much of the information on the class details page can also be found in TitanWeb, the class details pages include other important information such as the date of the first class meeting, the class category (tools, core, elective), prerequisite requirements and Consortium course details.
Where can I find textbook requirements?
Textbooks for UW Oshkosh onsite and online classes can be purchased at University Books and More, the UW Oshkosh bookstore. Textbooks can be purchased either online or by visiting the store in person.
Textbooks for MBA Consortium online classes can be purchased online through the UW Eau Claire bookstore. You will need the Consortium course number to search for textbooks which can be found on the class details page.
What is the MBA Consortium?
The MBA Consortium is an exclusively online MBA Program that UW Oshkosh participates in along with three other UW System universities: UW Eau Claire (managing university for the consortium), UW Parkside and UW La Crosse. All schools in the Consortium are accredited by AACSB. By partnering with the Consortium, we are able to offer our MBA students significantly more online classes.
The majority of the foundation, tools and elective courses offered in the online format are offered through the Consortium. Visit the class details page if you’re unsure if you’re in a UW Oshkosh class or a Consortium class.
How are Consortium courses different from UW Oshkosh courses?
There are quite a few significant differences between the Consortium courses and Oshkosh online courses:
UW Oshkosh Online Classes
- Online classes delivered through Oshkosh may have a mandatory onsite meeting. If such a meeting is required, it will be listed on the class details page and in the Notes area of the course information on TitanWeb.
- Classes delivered online through Oshkosh will be tools, core, electives, and the capstone. If you’re unsure whether or not you’re enrolled in an Oshkosh online course, check the class details page. There are separate categories for Oshkosh online courses.
- Textbooks for UW Oshkosh classes may be purchased through the UW Oshkosh bookstore either online or in person.
- UW Oshkosh courses follow the UW Oshkosh Academic Calendar.
- Courses will range in length from 3 weeks to 14 weeks and will be worth 1.5 or 3 credits.
- The cost for Oshkosh online courses is not the same as Consortium courses or Oshkosh in person. You can find cost per credit here.
MBA Consortium Online Classes
- Classes delivered through the Consortium are 100% online.
- Classes delivered through the Consortium will be tools and electives. If you’re unsure whether or not you’re enrolled in a Consortium course, check the class details page. There are separate categories for Consortium courses.
- Textbooks for Consortium classes may be purchased through the UW Eau Claire bookstore.
- The Consortium uses a different course numbering system than UW Oshkosh. Information about the course number will be sent via email and can also be found on the class details page.
- Start dates may vary. Start dates can be found in TitanWeb and on the class details page.
- Courses will range in length from 3 weeks to 7 weeks and will be worth 1, 1.5 or 2 credits.
- The cost for Consortium courses is not the same as Oshkosh online or in person. You can find cost per credit here.
Can I earn honors at the graduate level?
Beta Gamma Sigma is the national honor society for AACSB-accredited Schools/College of Business. Membership in Beta Gamma Sigma is the highest scholastic honor a graduate student in business can earn. Graduate students in the top 20 percent of their graduating class are eligible for membership. We will notify you if you are eligible for Spring induction.
When will I receive my diploma?
The Office of Graduate Studies will send your diploma and an official degree transcript six to eight weeks after the official end of the 17-week semester. If you haven’t received your diploma and transcript by that time, please contact us.
How do I acquire a tuition receipt (showing grades and costs for my employer?)
MBA students can request a course-by-course tuition receipt by emailing Student Accounts at email@example.com. Tuition receipts should be processed within five business days. If you have any questions or have not received your receipt within five business days, please contact Student Accounts.
When will tuition be posted?
Tuition balances are calculated one to two weeks before the start of the semester. Once calculated, balances will be posted in TitanWeb and you will get an email to your university email address from Student Accounts. The Student Accounts office utilizes e-billing and does not send out paper statements.
Students are billed for any classes they are enrolled in at the time of the billing. If a class is added after billing has been done, students won’t be formally billed until the next billing, usually about a month later. You can access your student account and make payments through TitanWeb.
Master of Business Administration
Sage Hall, Suite 1410
835 High Avenue
Oshkosh, WI 54901
firstname.lastname@example.org • (800) 633-1430