Master of Business Administration
ADMISSION TO THE MBA PROGRAM, ONLINE MBA PROGRAM & CERTIFICATE PROGRAMS
Admission is based on a multitude of factors and will be evaluated holistically. Our website contains several resources to help walk you through the admission process but we are here to help. Contact us at (800) 633-1430 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or if you’d like to set up an advising appointment.
Admissions criteria is based on a holistic review of the following information:
1. Undergraduate education
• Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution
• Minimum 2.6 overall undergraduate grade-point average or 2.90 grade-point average for the final 60 undergraduate credits
• Students with cumulative GPA under 2.6 may be admitted on a probationary basis
2. In general, two years of professional work experience or other exposure to business environments (e.g., growing up in the midst of a family business) such that the applicant is likely to benefit from and participate effectively in graduate business education activity
3. A personal statement
4. At their discretion, applicants may include other evidence of their potential to succeed in graduate business education. Such evidence could include evidence of professional certifications or scores on the GMAT or GRE standardized tests.
To be considered for admission to the MBA Program or Online MBA Program, applicants should submit the following materials to the Office of Graduate Studies:
1. A completed online UW System application form (apply.wisconsin.edu) with the required application fee
2. Official undergraduate transcripts
An undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university is required. To request official transcripts, contact any colleges or universities where you completed undergraduate or graduate coursework. Submit your official transcripts electronically to email@example.com or mail to UW Oshkosh Office of Graduate Studies at:
UW Oshkosh Office of Graduate Studies
800 Algoma Blvd., Dempsey Hall 345
Oshkosh, WI 54901
NOTE: If an applicant is a current or former UW Oshkosh graduate or undergraduate student, he/she does not need to provide an official UW Oshkosh transcript.
3. Test scores and/or evidence of professional certification (optional)
Further, applicants should submit the following in their UW System application or to the College of Business Graduate Programs Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Personal statement describing:
• Reason for pursuing your graduate education
• Impact it will have on both your short- and long-term career goals
• Value you will bring to the classroom.
5. Professional resume
*Unless stated otherwise, COB graduate certificates have the same admissions requirements.
Students who have, or need, a student visa may find additional admission requirements found at uwosh.edu/gradstudies/.
To start your online application, visit apply.wisconsin.edu.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is an official transcript?
Will you accept an official transcript electronically (versus by mail)?
Do I have to send in all of the application materials at one time?
I forgot to pay the application fee. How do I submit it?
Office of Graduate Studies
800 Algoma Blvd., Dempsey Hall Rm 345
Oshkosh, WI, 54901-8621
You may also come to campus and pay in cash at Dempsey Hall room 345.
How much work experience is required for the MBA Program and Online MBA Program?
A minimum of 2 years of full time professional work experience is required. Exceptional candidates with limited professional work experience but strong part-time or internship experience may be considered.
Does work experience serve as a waiver?
What if my undergraduate major was not in business?
Admission to the MBA program is not determined by undergraduate major(s). Regardless of undergraduate degree, students complete 36 credits including an entry course followed by four tools courses, core courses and electives.
What GPA are you looking for?
Note: We use a holistic admission process, so admission is not based on GPA alone.
How many credits will transfer from another graduate program?
Due to our AACSB accreditation standards, we can only transfer classes into our program from other AACSB accredited business schools. It’s always up to the institution that the credits are transferring into to decide how many and which credits will transfer and how they will transfer. The general rule of thumb is that only 9 credits of graduate coursework will transfer. We may be able to get a special exemption to that number if we work with the Office of Graduate Studies, but even then, it’s a 12 credit max. No letter grade of below a B will be accepted in transfer.
College of Business
Sage Hall, Suite 1608
835 High Avenue
Oshkosh, WI 54901
email@example.com • (920) 424-0186