College of Business Learning Outcomes
BACHELOR OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- Graduates will have comprehensive knowledge of all major business disciplines.
- 1A. Students will apply essential and basic knowledge in all business disciplines.
- 1B. Students will make connections across a variety of business disciplines in strategic decision-making.
- Graduates will demonstrate knowledge of the implications of diversity and globalization in business practices.
- 2A. Students will analyze how basic trends in a diverse global business environment, including cultural, political, environmental, technological and social changes, impact businesses.
- 2B. Students will evaluate how economic forces impact growth at the local and global levels.
- 2C. Students will demonstrate knowledge of how inclusion, diversity and equity affect business decision-making and outcomes at the global and workplace levels.
- Graduates will demonstrate knowledge of the implications and importance of ethical and sustainable business practices.
- 3A. Students will apply an ethical reasoning framework to identify and propose solutions to business problems with ethical implications while considering a broad set of stakeholders.
- 3B. Students will evaluate the interconnectedness between organizational practices and social/economic/ecological factors.
- Graduates will be able to use technology, navigate digital environments, and work with and analyze data to solve problems.
- 4A. Students will apply current and emerging technologies to address specific business problems.
- 4B. Students will demonstrate how to successfully navigate digital environments.
- 4C. Students will demonstrate competency in understanding and analyzing data.
- Graduates will possess skills in career readiness and development.
- 5A. Students will develop their understanding of career options as well as define their personal and career goals.
- 5B. Students will demonstrate a variety of career-readiness skills including effective work habits, teamwork, critical thinking, analysis, and coachability.
- 5C. Students will demonstrate effective written and oral communication skills based on a variety of targeted audiences.
MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
LEARNING GOAL STATEMENTS
When they graduate from the UW Oshkosh MBA Program,
- Students will demonstrate understanding of important vocabulary, concepts, and applications of the core business disciplines.
- Students will be able to describe how the core business disciplines contribute to the development and successful implementation of a given organizational strategy, where this organizational strategy addresses the enterprise-level value proposition.
- Students will be able to make effective decisions that solve an organization’s complex tactical and strategic problems.
- Students will be able to communicate complex business issues in a clear, concise, and effective manner.
- Students will be able to create a personal development plan that, if executed, will increase the likelihood of achieving their stated goals for career and/or personal life.
EXECUTIVE MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- Graduates of the program will be able to articulate organizational expectations of each of the functional areas of business (accounting, finance, human resource management, information systems, marketing, strategy, and supply chain) in the management of an organization.
- Graduates of the program will be able to articulate the roles of economics (micro, macro and international), ethics, change management, leadership, legal, project management and quantitative decision analysis/forecasting, in the management of an organization.
- Graduates of the program will have the knowledge, interpersonal skills and wisdom necessary to lead organizations.