Department Chair, Professor
Economics, Professional MBA Program
|Preferred Contact Method:||Collaborate Ultra|
|Preferred Contact Info:||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Day(s):||Virtual only: MW|
|Time(s):||11:30 - 12:30 and appt.|
- Ph.D. Industrial Organization Universtiy of Wisconsin - Milwaukee 2008
- MA Economics University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee 2005
- BS Business Economics Wisconsin Lutheran College 2003
- Artz, B., Kaya, I., & Kaya, O. Gender role perspectives and job burnout. Review of Economics of the Household.
- Artz, B., & Welsch, D. (2021). Over-education and wages revisited: a two cohort comparison and random coefficients approach. Southern Economic Journal.
- Artz, B., Green, C., & Heywood, J. (2021). Does performance pay increase alcohol and drug use? Journal of Population Economics.
- Artz, B., Goodall, A. H., & Oswald, A. J. (2020). "How common are bad bosses?". Industrial Relations, 59(1), 3-39.
- Johnson, M., Artz, B., Robson, D. A., & Taengnoi Siemers, S. (2020). Taking notes in the Digital Age: Evidence from Classroom Random Control Trials. Journal of Economic Education, 51(2), 103 - 115.
- Artz, B., & Taengnoi Siemers, S. (2019). The Gender Gap in Raise Magnitudes of Hourly and Salary Workers. Journal of Labor Research.
- Artz, B., Goodall, A., & Oswald, A. (2018). Do women ask? Industrial Relations: A Journal of Economy and Society, 57(4), 611-636.
- Artz, B., & Welsch, D. (2016). The impact of publicly provided early childhood education programs on district-level test scores. Contemporary Economic Policy, 34(1), 89 - 106.
- Artz, B., Goodall, A., & Oswald, A. (2016). Boss Competence and Worker Well-being. Industrial and Labor Relations Review.
- Artz, B., & Taengnoi Siemers, S. (2016). Do Women Prefer Female Bosses? Labour Economics.
- Artz, B., & Heywood, J. S. (2015). Performance Pay and Workplace Injury: Panel Evidence. Economica, 82, 1241 - 1260.
- Artz, B., & Welsch, D. (2014). Child Care Quality and Pricing: Evidence from Wisconsin. Applied Economics, 46(35), 4276 - 4289.
- Artz, B., & Welsch, D. (2014). The Effect of Peer and Professor Gender on College Student Performance. Southern Economic Journal, 80(3), 816-838.
- Artz, B., & Kaya, I. (2014). The impact of job security on job satisfaction in economic contractions versus expansions. Applied Economics, 46(24), 2873 - 2890.
- Artz, B., & Welsch, D. (2013). The Effect of Student Evaluations on Academic Success. Education Finance and Policy, 8(1), 100-119.
- Artz, B. (2012). Does the impact of union experience on job satisfaction differ by gender? Industrial and Labor Relations Review, 65(2), 225-243.
- Artz, B. (2010). The impact of union experience on job satisfaction. Industrial Relations, 49(3), 387-405.
- Robson, D. A., Artz, B., Johnson, M., & Taengnoi Siemers, S. . Live or Online Lectures: Evidence from Classroom Random Control Trials. Midwest Economic Association, St. Louis , MO.
- Artz, B. . Do Females Prefer Female Bosses?. Midwest Economics Association Meetings, Minneapolis, MN.
- Artz, B. . Happiness at Work and Boss Competence. Academy of Management, Showcase Symposium, Vancouver, CA.
- Artz, B., & Kaya, I. . The Value of Job Security in Contraction and Expansion. Midwest Economics Association Meetings, Columbus, OH.
- Artz, B. . Unemployment duration, unemployment insurance and post-unemployment job match quality: a job satisfaction approach. Wisconsin Economics Association Annual Meetings, Steven's Point, WI.
- Artz, B. . The Voice Effect of Unions: Evidence from the US. Academy of Economics and Finance Annual Meetings, Jacksonville, FL.
- Artz, B. . Supervisor Age and How its Impact on Employee Job Satisfaction Differs by Gender. Southern Economics Association Annual Meetings, Washington DC.
- Artz, B., & Kaya, I. . The Impact of Perceived Job Insecurity on Job Satisfaction. Southern Economics Association Annual Meetings, Washington DC.
- Artz, B. . Does the Impact of Union Experience on Job Satisfaction Differ by Gender?. Eurasia Business and Economics Society Meetings, Istanbul, Turkey.
Awards and Honors:
Contracts and Grants: