Department Chair, Professor
Management and Human Resources
Office Hours: Office Hours Directory
- Ph.D. Colorado State University 2007
- MS Colorado State University 2004
- BA Central Michigan University 2001
- Desai, A. B., & DeArmond, S. E. Differences in consulting experiences with for-profit and non-profit clients: Implications for practice and research. International Journal of Management Education.
- Landay, K., & DeArmond, S. E. (2019). Applicant gender and recruiter and organization characteristics. Gender in Management: An International Journal, 34(1), 2-18.
- Landay, K., & DeArmond, S. E. (2018). Recruitment process outsourcing and recruiter hiring firm characteristics: A two study investigation. Journal of Personnel Psychology, 17(4), 183-192.
- DeArmond, S. E., Bass, B., Cigularov, K., Chen, P. Y., & Moore, J. T. (2018). Leadership and safety: The role of goal-commitment. Journal of Organizational Effectiveness: People and Performance, 5(2), 182-198.
- Piszczek, M. M., DeArmond, S. E., & Feinauer, D. M. (2018). Employee work-to-family role boundary management in the family busines. Community Work & Family, 21(2), 111-132.
- DeArmond, S. E., Matthews, R., & Bunk, J. (2014). Workload and Procrastination: The Roles of Psychological Detachment and Fatigue. International Journal of Stress Management, 21(2), 137-161.
- Sampson, J., DeArmond, S. E., & Chen, P. Y. (2014). Role of safety stressors and social support on safety performance. Safety Science, 64, 137-145.
- Arbaugh, B., DeArmond, S. E., & Rau, B. L. (2013). New Uses for Existing Tools? A Call to Study Online Management Instruction and Instructors. Academy of Management Learning and Education, 12(4), 635-655.
- DeArmond, S. E., Rau, B. L., Buelow, J., Desai, A. B., & Miller, A. . Teaching Professional Skills During the Pandemic: Does Delivery Mode Matter?. Academy of Management, Seattle, Washington, USA.
- Huang, E. Y., Lee, J., Chen, Z., DeArmond, S. E., Kelly, A., & He, Y. . A Spanish Translation of Zohar and Luria's Safety Climate Scale and a Test of Measurement Equivalence. Work Stress & Health, Virtual.
- Ricard, M., & DeArmond, S. E. . Better Recovery from Stress through Improved Boundary Management: Test of an Intervention. Work Stress & Health, Virtual.
- Desai, A. B., DeArmond, S. E., & Taengnoi Siemers, S. . Problem Based and Service Based Learning in Business Courses: Does Type of Organization Matter?. Academy of Management Meeting, Vancouver (online).
- Piszczek, M., DeArmond, S. E., & Feinauer, D. M. . Employee work-family boundary management in the family business. 77th Academy of Management Annual Meeting, Atlanta, GA.
- Landay, K., & DeArmond, S. E. . What women want? Applicant gender and recruiter and organization characteristics. 32nd Annual Conference of the Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology, Orlando, Florida.
- Landay, K., & DeArmond, S. E. . Recruitment process outsourcing and organization attraction: How do applicants react?. Southern Management Association Conference, Charlotte, North Carolina.
- Piszczek, M. M., DeArmond, S. E., & Rau, B. L. . Work-family role construction and management in family firms: Family and non-family employees. 70th Academy of Management Annual Meeting, Anaheim, California.
- DeArmond, S. E., Bublitz, M., & Spivack, A. . Wellness at work: An organizing framework for research on wellness programs. Eleventh International Conference on Occupational Stress and Health, Atlanta, Georgia.
- Arbaugh, B., Rau, B. L., & DeArmond, S. E. . We need more critics of online management education. 70th Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management, Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
Awards and Honors:
- Edward M. Penson Distinguished Teaching Award (2021, September) .
- Beta Gamma Sigma Professor of the Year (2017) .
- Management and Human Resources Department Teaching Award (2017, June) University of Wisconsin Oshkosh Management and Human Resources Department.