Finance and Business Law
- Ph.D. Finance University of Tennessee, Knoxville 1994
- MA Economics University of Tennessee, Knoxville 1993
- MBA Business Western Illinois University 1989
- BS Ag Economics University of Illinois Champaign 1983
Dr. Robert A. Kunkel is a Professor of Finance and the Alberta S. Kimball Endowed Professor at the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh. He teaches classes at the undergraduate and MBA levels and is a leading researcher in his field. His research and consulting interests include commercial banking, investments, market efficiency, and personal ﬁnance. Kunkel serves on the editorial boards for Managerial Finance and the Journal of Business and Economic Perspectives. He currently serves on the Oshkosh Area Community Foundation Investment Committee, on the UW System Tax Sheltered Annuity Review Committee, and on the Lutheran Homes of Oshkosh Investment Committee. Kunkel also served as the Chair of the Finance & Business Law Department from 2006 until 2009. He earned his Ph.D. in Finance and M.A. in Economics from The University of Tennessee-Knoxville, his M.B.A. from Western Illinois University, and his B.S. from the University of Illinois-Champaign. Prior to joining UW Oshkosh, Kunkel held academic positions at Eastern Illinois University and Western Illinois University in addition to spending seven years in the finance industry.
- Moll, C., Kunkel, R. A., Niendorf, B., & Beck, K. (2018). How Do Investment Companies Fare Under Obama and Trump Fiduciary Rules? Christopher Wright (Ed.). Journal of Accounting and Finance, 18(7).
- Moll, C., & Kunkel, R. A. (2015). "Proffitt's CEO Hedges His Bet: A Case Study on Options and Ethics". Charles R. Terry (Ed.). Journal of Leadership, Accountability and Ethics, 12(2).
- Dudzinski, J. A., & Kunkel, R. A. (2014). Ben Graham’s NCAV (Net Current Asset Value) Technique in the 21st Century: The Method Still Outperforms but Only Small Investors Can Profit from It. Journal of Investing, 23(1), 17-26.
- Compton, W. S., Kunkel, R. A., & Kuhlemeyer, G. A. (2013). Calendar anomalies in Russian stocks and bonds. Managerial Finance, 39(12), 1138-1154.
- Kuhlemeyer, G. A., & Kunkel, R. A. (2013). A Momentum Trading Effect in Real Estate Funds: An Analysis with TIAA-CREF. Journal of Technical Analysis, 67(1), 16-24.
- Kenny, P. M., Johnson, D. T., & Kunkel, R. A. (2013). Achieving superior performance with the Morningstar's Tortoise and Hare Portfolios. Applied Financial Economics, 23(24), 1865-1870.
- Kunkel, R. A., & Cross, J. N. (2012). Andersen implosion over Enron: an analysis of the contagion effect on Fortune 500 firms. Managerial Finance, 38(7), 678-687.
- Cross, J. N., & Kunkel, R. A. (2012). Andersen implosion over Enron: an analysis of the contagion effect on Fortune 500 firms. Managerial Finance, 38(7), 678-688.
- Kuhlemeyer, G. A., & Kunkel, R. A. (2010). The Credit Card Act of 2009: Its Financial Impact on the Stockholders of the Retail Industry. Journal of the Academy of Finance, 8, 1-10.
- Depenchuk, I. O., Compton, W. S., & Kunkel, R. A. (2010). Ukrainian Financial Markets: An Examination of Calendar Anomalies. Managerial Finance, 36(6), 502-510.
- Compton, W. S., Johnson, D. T., & Kunkel, R. A. (2006). The Turn-Of-The Month Effect In Real Estate Investment Trusts (Reits). Managerial Finance, 32, 969-980.
- Kunkel, R. A., Compton, W. S., & Beyer, S. B. (2003). The Turn-Of-The-Month Effect Still Lives: The International Evidence. International Review Of Financial Analysis, 12(2), 207-221.
- Compton, W. S., & Kunkel, R. A. (2003). Tax-Free Trading On Calendar Stock And Bond Market Patterns. Journal of Economics and Finance, 24(1), 64-76.
- Daves, P. R., Ehrhardt, M. C., Kuhlemeyer, G. A., & Kunkel, R. A. (2000). Increases In The Systematic Risk Of Large Firms. American Business Review, 18, 62-73.
- Daves, Ehrhardt, & Kunkel, R. A. (2000). Estimating Systematic Risk: The Choice of Return Interval and Estimation Period. 13, 7-13.
- Kunkel, R. A., & Compton, W. S. (1998). A Tax-Free Exploitation of the Turn-of-the-Month Effect: C.R.E.F. Financial Services Review, 7(1), 11-23.
- DeGennaro, R. P., Kunkel, R. A., & Lee, J. (1994). Modeling International Long-Term Interest Rates. The Financial Review, 29(4), 577-597.
- Moll, C., Kunkel, R. A., Beyer, D. B., & Beyer, S. B. . Large Commercial Banks: Dodd-Frank Effect (Regulatory Compliance Costs) versus Trump Effect (Promised Regulatory Rollback Gains). Annual MBAA Conference - Chicago, IL, Chicago, IL.
- Moll, C., Kunkel, R. A., & Niendorf, B. . How do Investment Companies Fare Under Obama and Trump Fiduciary Rules?. Annual MBAA Conference - Chicago, IL, Chicago, IL.
Awards and Honors:
Contracts and Grants: