- DBA University Wisconsin Whitewater 2018
- MBA Business Administration University of Wisconsin Whitewater 2013
- MS Information Systems University of Wisconsin Oshkosh 2002
- BA Political Science University of Wisconsin Green Bay 1996
John Michael Muraski is an Assistant Professor of Information Systems in the College of Business at the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh. He has a B.A. in Political Science from the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay, an M.S. in Information Systems from the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh, an MBA from the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater, and Doctorate of Business Administration from the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater. His research is motivated by his desire to pursue purposeful, engaged, value-added research contributing to practitioners, organizations, academics, and theory.
John is currently exploring ways to grow the supply of information systems students through actively innovating his Essentials of Information Systems course, researching IS-related career assessments for both high school and college students, and the role of job shadows on college students interest in IS-related careers. John has also received the 2014 Online Outstanding MBA Consortium Faculty of the year award and was nominated again in 2018 and 2019. He also serves as a reviewer for the Communications of the AIS and the Project Management Journal. John also serves as the Director of Membership for the Association for Information Systems SIG on Education (SIGEd).
- Muraski, J., Iversen, J., & Iversen, K. (2021). Building Collaboration Networks and Alliances to Solve the IT Talent Shortage: A Revelatory Case Study. Journal of the Midwest Association for Information Systems, 2021(1), 27-48.
- Muraski, J. M., & Kiss, N. . The Impact of Self-Efficacy from Virtual Job Shadows on High School Student’s Major Selection. SAP Next-Gen Chapter Conference (2021), MIlwaukee, WI (Virtual).
- Muraski, J. M. . Social Media Incivility & Sarcasm by Coaches in NCAA Recruitment. Twenty-Seventh Americas Conference on Information Systems (2021), Montreal, ON (Virtual).
- Muraski, J. M., Dohan, M., & Wu, S. . Role of IS Job Shadows on College Student Major Selection. Twenty-Sixth Americas Conference on Information Systems (2020), Salt Lake City, UT (Virtual).
- Muraski, J. M. . Career Assessments Deter Prospective IS Students: The Missing Socio-Technical Perspective. Fortieth International Conference on Information Systems (2019), Munich, Germany.
- Muraski, J. M., Patton, M., & Witt, C. M. . Increasing Student Enrollment in IS-Related Programs. SAP Next-Gen Chapter Conference (2019), MIlwaukee, WI.
- Muraski, J., Iversen, J., & Iversen, K. J. . Building Collaboration Networks to Solve the IT Talent Pipeline Shortage: Where are the Women?. Fourteenth Midwest Association for Information Systems Conference (2019), Oshkosh, WI.
- Muraski, J. M. . From Pushing Buttons to Achieving Infusion: The Impacts of Organizational Commitment and Organizational Citizenship Behavior on Infusion. Twenty-second Americas Conference on Information Systems (2016), San Diego, CA.
- Muraski, J. M. . Incorporating Entrepreneurial Excitement into the Essentials of IS Curriculum. Twenty-second Americas Conference on Information Systems (2016), San Diego, CA.
- Muraski, J. M. . The Surprisingly Innovative Enterprise Resource Planning System: The Effects of Infusion. Twenty-first Americas Conference on Information Systems (2015), Puerto Rico.