- DBA University Wisconsin Whitewater 2018
- MBA Business Administration University of Wisconsin Whitewater 2013
- MS Information Systems University of Wisconsin Oshkosh 2002
- BA Political Science University of Wisconsin Green Bay 1996
Dr. John Michael Muraski is an accomplished Assistant Professor of Information Systems at the University of Wisconsin – Oshkosh, College of Business. He brings a wealth of industry experience to his academic career, with 20 years of professional practice in various sectors and a strong background in consulting.
Dr. Muraski's research interests lie in two primary areas. First, he seeks to understand the characteristics of new technology development that can improve the integration of software and employees within an organizational context. Second, he is dedicated to investigating the challenges and opportunities faced by high school and college students who may hesitate to pursue technology-related educational and career pathways.
In addition to these research areas, Dr. Muraski is keenly interested in exploring the impact of Generative AI on business and business processes. Similarly, he is committed to understanding how this cutting-edge technology can be effectively integrated into classroom instruction, preparing students for the rapidly evolving landscape of AI-driven solutions in the business world.
As a passionate educator and researcher, Dr. Muraski is dedicated to fostering student success and exploring the ever-evolving landscape of information systems and technology. To learn more about his professional experience and accomplishments, please visit his LinkedIn profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/johnmuraski/
- Muraski, J. (2023). IS Career Day in a Class: Raising College Student Awareness and Interest in Information Systems. Journal of the Midwest Association for Information Systems, 2023(1).
- Muraski, J., & Iversen, J. (2022). Growing Computer Science and Information Technology Education in K-12: Industry Demand and Ecosystem Support. Journal of the Midwest Association for Information Systems, 2022(2).
- Muraski, J., Iversen, J., & Iversen, K. (2021). Building Collaboration Networks and Alliances to Solve the IT Talent Shortage: A Revelatory Case Study. Journal of the Midwest Association for Information Systems, 2021(1), 27-48.
- Muraski, J. M., & Welch, A. . Hmong Student Mentorship: Increasing IS Student Success. AMCIS 2022, Minneapolis, MN.
- Muraski, J. M., & Iversen, J. . Virtual IS Conference for HS Students. MWIAS 2022, Omaha, NE.
- Muraski, J. M., & Kiss, N. . The Impact of Self-Efficacy from Virtual Job Shadows on High School Student’s Major Selection. SAP Next-Gen Chapter Conference (2021), Milwaukee, WI (Virtual).
- Muraski, J. M. . Social Media Incivility & Sarcasm by Coaches in NCAA Recruitment. Twenty-Seventh Americas Conference on Information Systems (2021), Montreal, ON (Virtual).
- Muraski, J. M., Dohan, M., & Wu, S. . Role of IS Job Shadows on College Student Major Selection. Twenty-Sixth Americas Conference on Information Systems (2020), Salt Lake City, UT (Virtual).
- Muraski, J. M. . Career Assessments Deter Prospective IS Students: The Missing Socio-Technical Perspective. Fortieth International Conference on Information Systems (2019), Munich, Germany.
- Muraski, J. M., Patton, M., & Witt, C. M. . Increasing Student Enrollment in IS-Related Programs. SAP Next-Gen Chapter Conference (2019), Milwaukee, WI.
- Muraski, J., Iversen, J., & Iversen, K. J. . Building Collaboration Networks to Solve the IT Talent Pipeline Shortage: Where are the Women?. Fourteenth Midwest Association for Information Systems Conference (2019), Oshkosh, WI.
- Muraski, J. M. . From Pushing Buttons to Achieving Infusion: The Impacts of Organizational Commitment and Organizational Citizenship Behavior on Infusion. Twenty-second Americas Conference on Information Systems (2016), San Diego, CA.
- Muraski, J. M. . Incorporating Entrepreneurial Excitement into the Essentials of IS Curriculum. Twenty-second Americas Conference on Information Systems (2016), San Diego, CA.
- Muraski, J. M. . The Surprisingly Innovative Enterprise Resource Planning System: The Effects of Infusion. Twenty-first Americas Conference on Information Systems (2015), Puerto Rico.
- Muraski, J. Future of AI: Instructor Panel, UW Learning Technology Development Council. April 2023.
- College of Business Outstanding Faculty Award (2021) .
- Dean's Excellence Award (2020) .