Becoming a “business professional” does not develop in class alone; nor does it occur by “checking off boxes” of activities at any time through a college career. The College of Business provides suggestions and requirements to guide students to the ultimate goal of graduating as a business professional with strong content knowledge and practical, integrated, real-world experience.
By graduation, students will…
- Understand how their skills/abilities are uniquely suited for their major/career choice.
- Have marketing materials that specifically speak to their personal brand.
- Know of several career paths that professionals can achieve with their major and how one becomes successful within that career path.
- Be able to articulate their unique strengths through written and verbal communication.
- Have experience in both small and large-scale networking situations and move toward comfort in those situations.
- Have completed at least one professional internship that built confidence in the student’s ability to work in a professional environment.
Admission to the College
Academic Planning Sheets
Honors and Scholarships
College to Career Conference
Internship Program Annual Report 2018-2019
The University of Wisconsin Oshkosh College of Business requires students to compliment their academic studies with practical business experience. With professional internships, the internship program connects students to employers both domestic and abroad.
Through this program, we collect student internship data from the academic year (fall 2018, spring 2019, summer 2019) and provide resources and knowledge to current students, faculty, and corporate partners. Download the Report
Students earned credit for co-ops and internships
Unique employers hired UWO interns
- 94% of students have paid internships
- 97% of supervisors state their intern is ready for the business world
- 93% of supervisors would hire their intern full-time
INTERNSHIP WAGE TYPE
Other = commission, stipened, salary, international
Internship Wage by Major
|Accounting - Public||$21.90|
|Accounting - Private||$16.11|
|Interactive Web Management||$13.55|
|Supply Chain Management||$15.85|