Center for Additional Teaching Licenses
The Center for Additional Teaching Licenses offers you a fully accredited plan that provides you with customized opportunities for growth and advancement. Our program is individually tailored to help currently licensed teachers obtain additional licenses that will enhance their professional flexibility. The Center can help you obtain an additional teaching license if you:
- Hold a valid Wisconsin teaching license (initial, professional, master, or lifetime)
- Have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Can show proof of a successful student teaching experience of 10 weeks or longer.
With the ability to complete coursework on campus or via distance learning at select accredited two- or four-year institutions, the program provides the flexibility professional educators require.
Our unique program honors your experience and prior learning, using it as the basis for developing an individualized program for achieving your desired teaching license.
The Add-On program serves teachers who are ready to boost their professional expertise and enhance school flexibility.
- Enhance content knowledge for those who have teaching responsibilities out-of-field.
- Expand expertise to include a new subject or developmental area.
- Remove statutory stipulations to secure a permanent Wisconsin teaching license.
I recently completed my Add-on Licensure Program for Adapted Physical Education. The staff at the Center for Additional Teaching Licenses was extremely helpful in answering all of my questions and always pointing me in the right direction. I was able to complete the program at my own pace on top of being a full-time teacher and coaching two varsity level sports. I was even able to submit evidence of life experience in lieu of some of my required coursework. The experience of completing the add-on program has been very rewarding and has had a positive impact on my teaching. I would highly recommend the UW Oshkosh Add-on program for anyone looking to add an additional teaching license.