The Center for Additional Teaching Licenses recognizes that teachers bring their own unique combination of knowledge, skills and dispositions to the Add-On Program. Therefore, candidates are afforded the opportunity to determine their own practicum placements.
- This three-credit practicum experience requires a total of 60 hours of face-to-face teaching in the core content area(s) of the desired add-on license, or 180 hours if Adaptive PE. Tuition for Practicum is due during the semester in which you are enrolled.
- The structure of allotted time may be adjusted to fit individual school schedules and subject offerings.
- The experience is typically undertaken after all program requirements are finished including successful completion of coursework and submission of a passing score on the appropriate content exam unless permission is otherwise granted.
Submit the two following forms at least two weeks prior to the start of Practicum. An email will be sent with an attached letter detailing the practicum plan to the candidate and endorsing administrators.
- Add-On Program Information may be shared with those who are signing this form. Candidates need to obtain signatures from a licensed school administrator and a district administrator/designee endorsing their participation in the Add-On Practicum.
- Practicum Plan
Candidates need to submit a plan outlining the dates, times, and content that will be taught during their practicum experience.
The program evaluation instruments are designed to reflect the InTASC and Wisconsin Educator Standards as well as the College of Education and Human Services’ Conceptual Framework. These forms/documents should be submitted in accordance with the preferred dates listed on the previously mentioned practicum letter.
- Candidates need to be formally observed three times during their defined practicum hours.
- One of the observations, usually the second one, is completed by a UW Oshkosh supervisor.
- The licensed school administrator is generally the person who completes the other two.
- The administrator may use the observation forms or use an observation form and a letter of reference for the final observation.
- Both should address the candidate’s potential to be an effective educator in the developmental level or content area of the add-on license.
- Please make sure there are comments for each of the four sections if using the form.
The Add-On Program candidate must submit a personal evaluation of the practicum experience. Make sure to add comments for each of the four sections.