The Center for Literacy Educators and Leaders is the first choice of teachers and school leaders who want to improve literacy learning. Our internationally recognized faculty and staff offer professional development, consultation and graduate programs to improve PK-12 students’ reading, writing, speaking, listening and interpreting of media.
Areas of Focus
- Writing instruction
- Intervention for striving readers and writers
- Literacy leadership PK-12
- School libraries
- Licensure programs leading to Wisconsin license 1316 (Reading Teacher) and Wisconsin license 5017 (Reading Specialist)
Enhance your knowledge and skills
- Ensure that all your students have the literacies necessary for success in school, workplace and community.
- Enhance your ability as an administrator to lead instructional programs that provide strong support for student literacy.
- Help drive the economic security of Wisconsin’s communities by enhancing the success of your students.
- Sustain equitable communities by enhancing the literacy development of all PK-12 students regardless of socioeconomic status, race/ethnicity, gender, prior experiences, languages spoken, disability, giftedness, or other criteria by which some students have historically been separated from those who are successful literate learners.
Program evaluation for PK-12 literacy instruction and school library programs.
Planning for program improvement, professional development, and curriculum development
Culturally responsible literacy education
Equity resources and evaluations
Innovative paths to licensure
Get Started Today
Connect with Dr. Cathy Toll