Special and Early Childhood Education
Early Childhood Special Education Dual Licensure
Degree: Bachelor of Science
Licensure: Early Childhood Special Education and Early Childhood Education
Ages Birth to Age 8 | Grades PK to 3
The Dual Education Early Childhood Program prepares students to teach in both regular and special education classrooms, at the early childhood and elementary school levels.
Graduates of UW Oshkosh’s teacher education programs have a strong liberal arts background, a thorough grounding in their content area and a comprehensive understanding of the art and science of teaching. Completion of this program results in a Bachelor of Science in Education degree.
* A minor is not required
- Bilingual Education — Hmong
- Bilingual Education — Spanish
- English as a Second Language
- Environmental Studies
- Health Education
- Language Arts
- Social Science
- Speech Communication
EDUCATION PROGRAM GATEWAYS
The education program gateways define a pathway for students to ensure they meet program and licensing requirements.
- GATEWAY 1 - Admission process into the COEHS education program.
- GATEWAY 2 - Details the program requirements that are in addition to specific coursework.
- GATEWAY 3 - Applying for a student teaching experience must be completed at the beginning of the semester prior to when you plan to student teach.
- GATEWAY 4 - Outlines the student teaching experience and steps to program completion.