Special and Early Childhood Education
Early Childhood Special Education
Accelerated Licensure Program
- Can be completed 100% Online
- Complete in as few as 15 months, plus a semester of student teaching (which could be completed on-the-job)
- $330 per credit for licensure required courses
- Full licensure in Early Childhood Special Education (Birth to Grade 3)
- Credits transfer directly into the Special Education MSE degree program at UW Oshkosh
The University of Wisconsin Oshkosh College of Education and Human Services is seeking highly motivated individuals with their bachelor’s degree and a commitment to children with disabilities and their families.
The Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction (DPI) has identified early childhood special education as a critical licensure need for the state. The UWO Department of Special and Early Childhood Education has designed a post-baccalaureate Early Childhood Special Education Accelerated Licensure Program, which maintains the caliber of the traditional licensure programs while providing flexibility and opportunity for those working full-time.
Our Early Childhood Special Education Accelerated Licensure Program is taught by committed faculty and staff, giving teacher candidates hired on a TIER I license and others with baccalaureate degrees the professional skills and knowledge to educate and empower all students with disabilities and their families.
The credits earned in the licensure program may also be applied to a UW Oshkosh Special Education master’s degree program.