Christy Tipps, Ed.D.
Doctor of Education in Pedagogy| West Virginia University (1988)
Areas of Expertise:
- Pedagogy (Physical Education Professional Preparation & Psychology of Learning)
- Motor Learning & Development
- Physical Education & Elementary Physical Education
I have twenty-six years teaching experience at the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh. My area of expertise is teaching teachers how to teach. Prior to my employment at UWO, I taught three years as an elementary physical educator in the Logan County, WV public schools. I also spent approximately 15 years (summers) teaching tennis (youth/adult) and running tennis leagues in the northwest suburbs of Chicago, IL. Currently, I am the Chairperson of the Human Kinetics and Health Education Department within the College of Education and Human Services at the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh.
I am a Life Member of the Society for Health and Physical Education, formerly known as the American Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation, and Dance (AAHPRED) and have served as the AAHPERD American Association for Leisure & Recreation President in 2004-05. I have also served as the AAHPERD American Association for Physical Activity & Recreation President-elect in 2005-06.
Date of First Employment at UW Oshkosh: September 1988
Years of P-12 Experience: 3 years in elementary schools; 40 years working with youth in community programs
Classes Typically Taught:
- Elementary Physical Education Methods
- Supervision of Physical Education Student Teachers
- Physical Education Curriculum & Instruction
- Organization & Administration of Physical Education & Sport programs