Etiquette and Decorum
Commencement is a true milestone in each candidate’s life and that of his or her guests. Excitement, joy and enthusiasm are expected and welcomed! We ask, however, that all graduates and guests respect the importance and dignity of this occasion.
- The graduation ceremonies last approximately two hours each. Please plan to stay for the entire ceremony. Leaving the ceremony early is disrespectful to other graduates and their families.
- Graduates are required to wear the approved cap, gown and tassel. Graduates may not alter their gowns. Graduates should not add items to the prescribed academic costume.
- Graduates should wear appropriate clothing underneath their academic regalia, this includes proper footwear. Graduates will be held from crossing the stage until they are able to obtain footwear.
- Cell phones should be placed on “vibrate” or silent mode during the ceremony.
- Graduates will not be allowed to carry small children, pets or personal items in the processional or across the stage.
- Please leave valuables with family members or guests during the ceremony. There will be no secure location for your belongings.
- Beach balls, fog horns, balloons and other items that might disrupt the ceremony (or others’ ability to view or hear the ceremony) are prohibited.
- Listen to the instructions from the marshals and the commencement team. This helps keeps the ceremony running on time.
Culver Family Welcome Center
625 Pearl Ave.
Oshkosh, WI 54901