Graduate Attendance Information
Graduating students should arrive to Kolf Sports Center 45 minutes prior to their ceremony to register, receive their name card and honor cords. Maps of registration areas (by college) will be posted on the doors and in the entry ways.
- Tickets are required for ALL GUESTS. All graduates are allowed up to four guests and will receive an email from our ticketing partner Eventbrite where they can claim and download their tickets. Graduates will not need a ticket to enter.
- Graduates will need to connect with their guests to send them the tickets. Please print these tickets ahead of event.
- Upon entering the venue, all guests will be checked in via their printed ticket. Guests should have their physical ticket ready at the door to ensure a quick ticket scan by our event staff.
- Remember which ceremony you will be attending.
All guests will be subject bag checks and security screenings. All bags (to include but not limited to handbags, briefcases, cameras bags, diaper bags, clutches, and purses) and strollers are subject to search prior to entry into the venue. Here's a list of items that we DO NOT allow inside our venues -
- Illegal Drugs or Other Substances
- Closed packages
- Laser Pointers
- Firearms (either real or simulated)
- Knives, blades, sharp objects of any length (unless required for medical purposes)
- Poles, sticks or banners, flags and signs
- Animals (other than service animals)
- Any item deemed dangerous or inappropriate as determined by bag check personnel
- A limited number of spaces are available for wheelchairs and guests who are unable to climb or sit in the bleachers. A number of chairs can also be reserved for guests who would benefit from the services of our hearing impaired interpreter.
- Anyone needing a wheelchair or walking aid should bring their own as they will not be available due to sanitation concerns.
- An elevator is available for those who need help entering the upper gym.
If you or someone in your party are unable to climb the bleachers, please contact our office at email@example.com to request special seating arrangements.
Entering Kolf Sports Center
- All graduates and guests are required to wear masks and practice social distancing.
- Everyone will enter the venue through the doors on the Pearl Ave side of the building.
- Please note: The High Ave doors will be locked and should only be used as a drop off location. Guests will need then to proceed around the building and enter through the Pearl Avenue doors.
Please leave your personal items (including coats and purses) with your family and friends. Family and friends should then go to the upper level of Kolf.
Bring your academic attire with you to your college’s (OCE, COB, COEHS, COLS, CON and Graduate Studies) registration area in the lower level of Kolf.
Check-in and receive your name card. Students may make phonetic markings on their cards (for our announcers). If you are receiving University Undergraduate Honors (cum laude, magna cum laude or summa cum laude) or College Honors you will receive your FREE honor cord while registering.
After registration you will head to the upper gym where you will be ushered to your appropriate seat.
- The ceremony will last approximately two hours and will feature a variety of live speakers which will be followed by the conferral of degrees when the graduates will cross the stage.
- The commencement ceremonies will also be available via a live webcast. The webcast will begin promptly at the start of the ceremony.
- Staff will guide you to the stage at the appropriate time to receive your degree. A photo will be taken of you as you enter the stage, as you receive the diploma cover and after you receive the diploma cover.
- Once the conferral of degrees has finished, the ceremony and will conclude and all graduates and guests will be guided out of the building.
- Note: Upon ceremony conclusion, all graduates and guests need to leave the venue immediately. There is no mingling allowed in the space. Please make prior arrangements to meet your guests somewhere outside of the building.
A professional photographer will photograph each graduate. Graduates will receive an email within a few weeks following the ceremony and will be available for purchase.
Parking and Directions
- Free parking is available in all university lots. Please do not park in reserved areas or in spaces for people with disabilities unless you have a disability permit.
- Learn more about parking and directions.
Culver Family Welcome Center
625 Pearl Ave.
Oshkosh, WI 54901