What is a Virtual Commencement?
An online ceremony will feature formal remarks from the chancellor, special guests and fellow peers. During the week of December 14th graduates will be given a URL and access instructions to view the Virtual Ceremony.
Celebrate while practicing social distancing
We often think that a graduation ceremony marks the end of a journey. But the true definition of commencement is “beginning.” Together, we will celebrate the beginning of each new adventure our graduates pursue. During this challenging time we have some tips how you can celebrate.
- PURCHASE commencement attire (optional) starting November 2nd from the UWO Bookstores.
- HONOR CORDS
Students who have earned academic distinction will be able to pick them at the countdown to commencement event on Thursday, Nov. 19th.
- DIPLOMA COVER
Students who would like a diploma cover will be able to pick them up at the countdown to commencement event on Thursday, Nov. 19th.
- SHARE YOUR STORY – tell us about your journey as a UWO student and we might feature you on UW Oshkosh Today.
- HOST a commencement watch party with your household where everyone dresses up, watches online ceremony and pose for pictures as a family.
- ENGAGE FRIENDS AND FAMILY through a video call or have extended family on speaker phone to add to the celebratory atmosphere.
- SHARE ON SOCIAL – #uwograd Add UWO filters/stickers to your photos on social media.
- FACEBOOK – Go to your profile on Facebook and tap “Edit” or “Update” on your profile picture. Then tap “Add Frame” and search for UWO
- INSTAGRAM – Click on the camera in the top left to open stories, take a picture or upload one and then click on the peeling smiley face at top right. Search UWO in the stickers field and find one you like. Rearrange it on the page and make it bigger or smaller.
- Submit your photo to us and we will put you in our UWO Graduate Gallery.
Students who have applied to graduate prior to Nov. 1st will be included in the printed program that will mailed along with their diploma.
The virtual ceremony will include the list of graduates in the sections of the ceremony. That list of names will be pulled by Nov. 29th. Any students who apply for graduation after that date will not be included in the virtual ceremony.