Our plan of study allows students to earn a technical diploma and two degrees in four years.
Year One: Students complete general education courses during the first year. General education courses may be completed at UW Oshkosh and/or FVTC, including Chemistry, Math, Cross Cultural, English and Social Sciences. Students must maintain GPA requirements for admission and continuation in the 1 + 2 + 1 nursing program.
Year Two: Students complete ADN coursework and clinical at FVTC. At the end of year two, students earn a technical diploma in Practical Nursing and may take NCLEX-PN licensure exam to be qualified to work as a Licensed Practical Nurse. After successful completion of the second semester in the ADN program, students may begin taking baccalaureate nursing courses.
Year Three: Students complete ADN coursework and clinical at FVTC. At the end of year three, students earn an Associate Degree in Nursing and are eligible to take the NCLEX-RN Wisconsin State Board of Nursing Exam and become licensed as Registered Nurses.
Year Four: Students complete baccalaureate level nursing courses though the BSN@Home program at UW Oshkosh and earn a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree.
Fall and spring start dates are offered.
NCLEX RN Pass Rate and Accreditation
FVTC holds a high NCLEX RN pass rate, well above the national average and is accredited by Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN).
UW Oshkosh College of Nursing is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). These certifications provide evidence of high-quality nursing programs.
Students may join any number of student organizations, including our Student Nurses Association and Sigma Theta Tau International, Eta Pi chapter. Students may enjoy UWO and FVTC on-campus activities and resources.
UW Oshkosh Admission Requirements
Admission to UW Oshkosh is based on a number of factors, including academic and non-academic experiences.
FVTC UWO 1+2+1 Nursing application process is just 3 easy steps:
- Apply to FVTC Pre-Associate Degree Nursing program
- Apply and be admitted to UW Oshkosh as a Collaborative Nursing Student (CNP)
- Apply to the UW Oshkosh College of Nursing one semester before beginning baccalaureate nursing courses.
The estimated tuition for in-state students completing their 1+2+1 nursing degree is $31,080*.
- *The package combines technical college, UW online, BSN@Home Collaborative tuition. Textbooks and materials are extra. *Many factors impact total cost, which is subject to change. For details consult a UWO advisor.
- The 1+2+1 program is financial aid eligible (students submit a FAFSA to both FVTC and UWO).
- Students may apply for scholarships at both FVTC and UWO (exclusive to the college awarding the scholarship).
- Students working for a healthcare employer during the program may be eligible for tuition assistance.
Looking for more information?
Our program is a seamless, practical, and affordable approach to obtain your BSN degree. For more information contact us at (920) 424-3164 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.