The College of Nursing admits students to the BSN to DNP–Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Emphasis every fall. Application materials must be received by the College of Nursing Graduate Program Office and official transcripts must be received by the UW Oshkosh Graduate Studies Office no later than March 31st to be eligible for the following fall.
Step 1 – Apply to the University
Complete the online UW System application and pay the $56 application fee at apply.wisconsin.edu.
Once completed, the application is sent electronically to UW Oshkosh Office of Graduate Studies. The Graduate Studies office will review and forward the online application to the College of Nursing.
Application must be received by March 31st to be eligible for Fall 2024 admission.
Step 2 – Submit Transcripts
Ask your master’s degree institution to electronically send transcripts to UW Oshkosh Graduate Studies by March 31st.
Send electronically to:
We need an official, degree conferral transcript for your undergraduate degree:
- Official means the transcript is sent directly from the institution to UW Oshkosh Graduate Studies. Electronic transcripts are processed most quickly.
- While we prefer official transcripts for admission decision-making, we can use unofficial transcripts. If you are admitted, we require official transcripts before you begin taking classes. If you uploaded transcripts with your application we will use those unofficial transcripts. Otherwise, email unofficial transcripts to GradSchool@uwosh.edu.
- Degree-conferral means the transcript shows the name of the degree earned and the date it was awarded.
We may not need transcripts from every institution you attended.
- If your degree conferral transcript contains 80 or more graded credits earned at that institution (this excludes transfer credits), we usually do not need to see transcripts from other institutions. If you earned fewer than 80 credits, send additional transcripts from the most recent institutions you attended until you reach at least 80 credits.
- You may send transcripts from all institutions.
- If you attended UW Oshkosh, you do not need to send UWO transcripts.
- If you previously applied to UW Oshkosh, we will use transcripts on file.
- If you attended UW Fond du Lac or UW Fox Valley before Fall 2019, you need to request transcripts.
- If you are currently finishing your undergraduate degree, send a current transcript now and an official degree conferral transcript when you complete your degree.
- If you have more than one undergraduate degree, send transcripts for the degree most relevant to Nursing.
Step 3 – Submit Supplemental Materials
Applicants must send items A–C listed below directly to the College of Nursing Graduate Program Office via email to email@example.com. Send all items as attachments in a single email.
A) Resume listing professional association memberships, certifications and continuing education activities.
B) RN license* (copy from credentialing website is accepted).
C) Email completed Background Information Disclosure form (BID).**
Applicants are to complete the top portion of the reference form (Item D below) and forward to three references. Reference forms are to be sent directly from the references to the College of Nursing Graduate Program Office via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
D) PMHNP Reference Form– A minimum of three references forms are required from a current supervisor, organization/agency leader and/or professor.***
* Applications can be submitted by those who have yet to graduate from a BSN program and attain an RN license. Transcripts bearing BSN degree completion and proof of RN licensure must be submitted prior to receiving full-standing admission to the program.
** Upon admission to program, applicants must complete a full background check with associated fees. Background checks are not considered part of the evaluation/selection process and are only used for advising purposes.
*** Applicants who have been away from school for an extended period of time should utilize a reference who can summarize the applicant’s current knowledge base.